The Summer 2021 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

44 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Apparently Everton offered 5m for Patterson. It made me think,it would actually be really good if a club made a good offer for Tav this transfer window. Patterson looks ready and Tav will only have financial worth for a limited amount of time, as much as I love the guy.

4 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Good. He is a big big talent. Already an international with European experience and only 19. If someone wants Patterson they need to come up with 20 million in my opinion, which they won’t, so that’s fine - we keep him. He’ll only increase in value over the next 3 years and he will be a regular starter sooner rather than later. 

For those advocating selling Tav, we need a buyer to sell him to and whilst Patterson is an exciting prospect, that's all he is at the moment. He is nowhere near Tav stat wise and our business model requires us to sell players at a profit.

There is interest in Patterson and none in Tav so realistically we can only sell Patterson (as it stands). 

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

For those advocating selling Tav, we need a buyer to sell him to and whilst Patterson is an exciting prospect, that's all he is at the moment. He is nowhere near Tav stat wise and our business model requires us to sell players at a profit.

There is interest in Patterson and none in Tav so realistically we can only sell Patterson (as it stands). 

If that's the case then shut down the youth dept because the same applies to every up and coming young player .We simply need to start trusting youth at some point .

Edited by rbr

9 minutes ago, rbr said:

If that's the case then shut down the youth dept because the same applies to every up and coming young player .We simply need to start trusting youth at some point .

Why shut it down if you are developing players clubs are bidding £5M for a product of that department

How can you sell a player there is no interest in? Or do you suggest dropping Tav to accommodate a raw youngster? Tav is superior to Patterson at the moment, his stats last season were off the charts and he is Club Captain 

21 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

All I can say is Bassey is a raw youngster at the moment --- Barisic ---   ???

Barisic is struggling with an injury and a short pre-season, completely different from Tav / Patterson scenario. The manager has shown he'll play Patterson when Tav us unavailable.

He also reacted to the £5M bid by laughing it off, shows he rates Patterson very highly. 

Remember it wasn't long ago that the likes of Bates and McCorrie were being touted as future Rangers and Scotland captains. 

BTW, I rate Patterson as the best prospect we've had since Barry Ferguson.

I'm sure Rangers will have valuations on all our players.  Bids close to those valuations will prompt a negotiation and I'd imagine there's some leeway.  

I do chuckle when I see some of the valuations suggested on forums like this - fantastical stuff.