The Summer 2021 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Leeds United, apparently, is pursuing Dan James, ManU, winger and Wales International. Permanent deal.

If this is accurate, and a deal is sealed, may we assume that Leeds' interest in Ryan Kent is over?

Wouldn`t be surprised to see McCann and Alegria being brought into the first team sooner than we expect.

There were some murmurs that we may sign another two players, but nothing more was said. Source never backed it up. It will sure be some "interesting" 36 hours or so, but aside from Katic moving out, and possibly Barker (unless Covid-19 prevents that), I`m not sure that there will be much movement. 

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

We have apparently rejected an £8M bid from Everton, for Patterson. 

Good.  Patterson is worth WAY more than that.  Young, great engine, international, played in Europe - he is better than chocolate hips and they got 25m for him..... we should be retaining Patterson if possible as his value will only increase over time - the issue is getting him game time.  If we resolve that then his value will rise exponentially.

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

If we can get £20-25M for those two players (Barisic and Patterson), I think I'd take it.

That would allow us to balance the books, and have some left to get in replacements. 

I still think Patterson is too young to sell. He's only 19. Ideally you want to keep them here, to develop, until they're 21-23, which would be the peak value in terms of potential. That is what the Dutch do. 

It's really annoying having Tavernier, isn't it? :D 

If we win the league this year, gaining automatic entry into the CL, Patterson could very well see his value rise enormously as he plays on the biggest stage of all - again, the issue is getting him that game time.

Just now, craig said:

Good.  Patterson is worth WAY more than that.  Young, great engine, international, played in Europe - he is better than chocolate hips and they got 25m for him..... we should be retaining Patterson if possible as his value will only increase over time - the issue is getting him game time.  If we resolve that then his value will rise exponentially.

As much as it pains me, I don't think anyone claim that Patterson is better than Tierney at this stage. Albeit injury prone, I think Tierney is a superbly gifted athlete. Hopefully Patterson can progress further.

6 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Sure but still the right way to go. 

We will need to agree to disagree :) - I haven't been impressed by Doig any time I have seen him against us.  Think he gets found wanting positionally.