The Summer 2021 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

19 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Didn't he leave under something of a cloud last season? We should get a development fee for him now. I remember when Dylan McGeoch left us for them, he was going to be the next big thing. We got £100,000 for him apparently, still the highest transfer fee anyone has ever paid for him. More recently Liam Burt joined them, also a player a lot was expected of at one time. I hear he's a regular in the League Of Ireland now, so that's pleasing. 

If he's willing to join them then I'm happy he's away. 

I find this a very frustrating one. He was well known to be from a Celtic background but we all said that didn't matter, yet there was a feeling of inevitability about this. He has been a big player for us through the youth teams and had the better of Celtic throughout, yet the second I heard he had left Rangers after a fall out I knew he would end up there. Hopefully he’ll amount to nothing, by all accounts there are serious red flags regarding his attitude. 

Edited by DMAA

17 hours ago, craig said:

We will need to agree to disagree :) - I haven't been impressed by Doig any time I have seen him against us.  Think he gets found wanting positionally.

he is 19 and we have excellent coaches. 

Edited by the gunslinger

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm really quite annoyed we've not sold anyone. 

Things are not really that bad and all we need to do is get all our stars fully fit and illness/injury free and we will be the strong force that we were last season.

Will be interesting when the scums accounts come out to see the truth in their transfer dealing claims.

30 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

There are rumours that we're interested in St Johnstone's Ali McCann. 

Like we had all summer, mainly from supporters who like him and his style. Thing is, our midfield is loaded to the hilt, we`ve just signed Bacuna, who IIRC playes exactly McCann`s role and first there need to be slots available, as I cannot see many displacing Kamara and Davies who are not named Jack, Aribo, Lundstram, Arfield et al. And signing someone for hard cash to be loaned out immediately and reared for the future ... hm.

5 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Like we had all summer, mainly from supporters who like him and his style. Thing is, our midfield is loaded to the hilt, we`ve just signed Bacuna, who IIRC playes exactly McCann`s role and first there need to be slots available, as I cannot see many displacing Kamara and Davies who are not named Jack, Aribo, Lundstram, Arfield et al. And signing someone for hard cash to be loaned out immediately and reared for the future ... hm.

It was supposedly from The Athletic, but I can't actually find a reference to it at all. Probably nonsense. 

I presumed McCann would be a replacement for a departure.  

I don't mind us snapping up talented young players, though; even if they do not get a game immediately.