The Summer 2021 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

39 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

That`s downright silly ... but we shall see.

Disagree.  He isn't getting much game time so pointless him being here.  We also have other, better options even if Morelos is out.  Roofe being just one.  If we need two players per position then we have Morelos & Roofe for the central striking role, Itten would be 3rd choice and hardly get any game time.

After the signing of Sakala we looked overstocked up front to be honest. We look overstocked at centre back and midfield too, Katic will surely secure a loan? Looks like Hadjuk Split are interested, that would be a decent move. In centre mid I've no idea, but we have 8 seniors midfielders to 3 midfield positions, something has to give surely. There's no way McCann signs in those circumstances. I think we lack a good tackler in our midfield.

32 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

he needs games and if morelos is staying that is unlikely. 

we have options up front quite a lot of them really. 

Not many strikers, though.

I wonder if Alegria could step up, if needed?

Edit: Forgot about Sakala. Meh--we'll be fine.

34 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Not many strikers, though.

I wonder if Alegria could step up, if needed?

Edit: Forgot about Sakala. Meh--we'll be fine.

Clearly I did too, lol.  Itten now 4th choice central striker.  H ewouldnt get game time, best he goes elsewhere to get game time, confidence and hopefully goals.

55 minutes ago, craig said:

Disagree.  He isn't getting much game time so pointless him being here.  We also have other, better options even if Morelos is out.  Roofe being just one.  If we need two players per position then we have Morelos & Roofe for the central striking role, Itten would be 3rd choice and hardly get any game time.

Itten played in 38 games last season. Morelos has his ups and downs, Roofe ain`t the most reliable on in terms of injuries. The latter was more often than not also used alongside another striker. We are an injury and a suspension away from relying on a player who`s not tested in Scotland and did not play in a sole-striker line-up either, plus Defoe and possibly Alegria. Downright silly IMHO, but no-one knows what the future will hold.

7 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Itten played in 38 games last season. Morelos has his ups and downs, Roofe ain`t the most reliable on in terms of injuries. The latter was more often than not also used alongside another striker. We are an injury and a suspension away from relying on a player who`s not tested in Scotland and did not play in a sole-striker line-up either, plus Defoe and possibly Alegria. Downright silly IMHO, but no-one knows what the future will hold.

Just as well we aren't the ones making those decisions then isn't it :D

Morelos

Roofe

Sakala

Defoe

First 3 clearly ahead of him and Defoe still a better finisher than all of them.  We play with one central striker so we most definitely don't need 4 (5 including Defoe) options for that one spot.  No team has 4 players for one position, none.  Man City don't even have a 2nd recognized striker after Jesus, lol.

Why is it I get the feeling you would have been much happier if it was Kent going to Leeds (or anyone...) rather than Itten leaving ?  Take it easy, I am just having a joke with you.

This maybe an unpopular opinion - but I am, and always have been, completely unconvinced by Itten.  He's scored a handful of goals, sure, and he hasn't exactly had a run in the team to prove himself properly - but he just seems to me to be someone who flatters to deceive.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Did you watch it ?  How did he play ?

I was at the B team game on Saturday and would describe him as "raw". He has pace, scored two goals (missed a sitter from 6 yards out) but the opposition were terrible to be honest - think they've conceded 54 goals this season. 

He will undoubtedly score goals at B Team level but I would be surprised if he features for our 1st team this season. If he continues to score goals, might even see him going out on loan 2nd half of season to championship side like Raith? 

For what it's worth, some decent performances from B Team any time I've watched them and they play decent football. For us not from the West, Dumbarton isn't the easiest to get to but at £7 for an adult and £3 for kids / concessions I'd recommend popping along and lending our support to the B Team.

Edited by CammyF