The Summer 2021 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

12 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I know its early and he has hardly played much football but am I the only one that is not overly impressed by Sakala? Would have Itten over him at this moment. Big Cedric had never let us down. 

To be fair Sakala has had to isolate when he arrived in country, SG admitted they had pushed he too hard and that's held him back. 

He has the only thing Itten lacked, pace and the way we play, we need pace in that position. 

I liked Itten and wish him well. Up to him to go out on loan, be professional and score goals and keep himself in our managers thoughts. 

9 minutes ago, CammyF said:

To be fair Sakala has had to isolate when he arrived in country, SG admitted they had pushed he too hard and that's held him back. 

He has the only thing Itten lacked, pace and the way we play, we need pace in that position. 

I liked Itten and wish him well. Up to him to go out on loan, be professional and score goals and keep himself in our managers thoughts. 

Fair points Cammy. I liked Itten as he offered something different IMO. Still have my doubts whether Sakala will have any impact on our season

9 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Fair points Cammy. I liked Itten as he offered something different IMO. Still have my doubts whether Sakala will have any impact on our season

With all signings we'll just need to wait and see. Sakala may prove to be an inspired signing, he may turn out to be not so inspired but willing to give him time to prove himself. 

Not aimed at you at all, but far too many Rangers fans are too fast to write players off. Players need time to settle and adapt to new surroundings - some are quicker at this than others. 

Good luck to Itten.  I'm like him and think his effort was spot on but not convinced he suits the way we play.

I'm still a bit concerned about our midfield.  Davis is no spring chicken, neither is Arfield, Aribo is better further up the park, Lundstram has been average, Jack's injury situation is never-ending and Gerrard doesn't seem keen on giving Kelly a start.  If Kamara got injured, it would be a real worry.

Edited by Gonzo79

30 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I know its early and he has hardly played much football but am I the only one that is not overly impressed by Sakala? Would have Itten over him at this moment. Big Cedric had never let us down. 

Exactly what I was going to say.

9 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Exactly what I was going to say.

I think it's clear we've had to move players as we have a huge squad. We didn't receive offers that matched our valuations of our "top players" (still time tho), so we've had to let players go on loan.

Sakala is a new signing, Alfie is our top striker, Roofe is one of our best players, Defoe is player coach, so Itten is the obvious one to leave on loan. 

Think people are reading too much into this, Itten wasn't going to get many minutes (especially with the subs be reduced), makes sense him going on loan. 

I get that @CammyF but I will actually be disappointed if we don’t sell at least one for a 8 figure sum this window as our finances require this or we need to go into debt or get Directors to stump up again. 

I like the look of Itten, he has bedded in now, looked our on form striker in pre season and instead we now need to rely on Sakala who will now need perhaps a half season (same as Itten) to get up to speed. Roofe doesn’t stay fit for more than a handful of games at a time, Defoe is emergency only as he learns the coaching, now leaving only Alfie to get the title winning numbers of goals.

I don’t think we are as strong up front as it may look on paper with everyone fit, that’s all. I trust our management to get more right than wrong and they have certainly earned our trust on these issues, so I’m trying not to worry too much.