The Summer 2021 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

19 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I get that @CammyF but I will actually be disappointed if we don’t sell at least one for a 8 figure sum this window as our finances require this or we need to go into debt or get Directors to stump up again. 

I like the look of Itten, he has bedded in now, looked our on form striker in pre season and instead we now need to rely on Sakala who will now need perhaps a half season (same as Itten) to get up to speed. Roofe doesn’t stay fit for more than a handful of games at a time, Defoe is emergency only as he learns the coaching, now leaving only Alfie to get the title winning numbers of goals.

I don’t think we are as strong up front as it may look on paper with everyone fit, that’s all. I trust our management to get more right than wrong and they have certainly earned our trust on these issues, so I’m trying not to worry too much.

Im actually shocked we've not sold anyone, but without bids that meet our valuation then what do we do? Sell players under valuation? I'm more worried that we could lose 2 players for nowt next summer (Goldson and Kamara) unless they sign extensions.

Maybe the Directors are comfortable further investing and see it as a worthwhile gamble on trusting this squad to win the league and get automatic CL entry and the circa £30M that would bring.