The Summer 2021 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

I'm sure I've read that Bacuna was right-footed; if he is left footed then that's good because he can cover for Kamara and then we have balance.

Dont want any left fitters ?

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

I'm sure I've read that Bacuna was right-footed; if he is left footed then that's good because he can cover for Kamara and then we have balance.

It doesn't matter which foot they favour: it's a fluid central midfield position. 

36 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

no idea but we at one time produced our own and did make far more cash. 

I don't think that we did make that much more cash. It's difficult to tell what the net profit was in all years, but it seems like it was around £3.7m in 2004 and £2m in 2006. It's not clear if this was higher than we had got previously and appears lower than the annualised JJB deal that followed. 

40 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I don't think that we did make that much more cash. It's difficult to tell what the net profit was in all years, but it seems like it was around £3.7m in 2004 and £2m in 2006. It's not clear if this was higher than we had got previously and appears lower than the annualised JJB deal that followed. 

i really meant more per strip but as you say no detail really available on that. 

4 hours ago, Bill said:

It wouldn’t be a massive surprise if the main board looks a bit different a year from now, with new investments arriving as a consequence. 

Seen some suggestions on social media that Stuart Gibson may be looking to increase his investment.

3 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

i agree largely but it does matter how you back up the speculation SDM did it with debt and other peoples money.  

Thats a fair point and a big difference between the two models. However if the current board are not (as has been suggested) going to continue to fund with soft loans converted to shares, then we are racking up debt somewhere instead surely? Even if it is soft loans to be repaid to the Directors at some point in the future, that is debt. 

8 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Thats a fair point and a big difference between the two models. However if the current board are not (as has been suggested) going to continue to fund with soft loans converted to shares, then we are racking up debt somewhere instead surely? Even if it is soft loans to be repaid to the Directors at some point in the future, that is debt. 

No such thing as a free lunch. So true.

I've been arguing for price increases for quite some time.

In sha'Allah we will no longer need to borrow money.

5 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Thats the speculative part I dont like our entire budget and club being run on. That was how Murray done it. 

I'd rather sell the players now, balance the books, and spend what we can afford in the here and now on new players/contracts.

I still think those same players will be marketable assets in next season's window, so long as Kamara and Goldson sign extensions.

42 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

so here is a question. Are all the Windows closed?

Could we still lose players. 

Can only now lose players if we loan players out (think this can still be done within same association) or if we terminate contracts.  I think.  I think all other European windows are closed

EDIT : Found this on transfermarket https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/transferfenster - none of our players would end up going to any of these leagues I wouldn't think.