An Achtung, Attention Alert!

SAVAGED BY A SHEEP

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/sport-columnists/3164914/richard-gordon-column-a-remarkable-season-like-no-other-but-one-to-forget-for-aberdeen/

Shameful scenes may be a concern for Uefa

The headlines all week have rightly been dominated by the reprehensible scenes in Glasgow last weekend as Rangers fans ‘celebrated’ lifting the Premiership trophy.

There was a blizzard of condemnation, statements issued by the First Minister, Police Scotland and the football authorities variously describing what had happened as an abomination, an embarrassment and shameful.

Nicola Sturgeon spoke of vile anti-Catholic prejudice, and a quick trawl through the footage shows there was plenty of that.

It was a display that humiliated our country and must have left the decision makers at UEFA pondering the wisdom of staging Euro 2020 in the city.

It took over 24 hours for Rangers to issue their statement, and while they did denounce the behaviour on show, many would take issue with the claim that only a small minority was involved.

The club cannot be held responsible for the morons who rampaged through Glasgow, but they should be issuing life bans to all found guilty.

I have to ask if anybody has actually seen the plentiful  footage of "vile" (obligatory usage) anti Catholic prejudice.

I haven't. 

18 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

SAVAGED BY A SHEEP

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/sport-columnists/3164914/richard-gordon-column-a-remarkable-season-like-no-other-but-one-to-forget-for-aberdeen/

Shameful scenes may be a concern for Uefa

The headlines all week have rightly been dominated by the reprehensible scenes in Glasgow last weekend as Rangers fans ‘celebrated’ lifting the Premiership trophy.

There was a blizzard of condemnation, statements issued by the First Minister, Police Scotland and the football authorities variously describing what had happened as an abomination, an embarrassment and shameful.

Nicola Sturgeon spoke of vile anti-Catholic prejudice, and a quick trawl through the footage shows there was plenty of that.

It was a display that humiliated our country and must have left the decision makers at UEFA pondering the wisdom of staging Euro 2020 in the city.

It took over 24 hours for Rangers to issue their statement, and while they did denounce the behaviour on show, many would take issue with the claim that only a small minority was involved.

The club cannot be held responsible for the morons who rampaged through Glasgow, but they should be issuing life bans to all found guilty.

I have to ask if anybody has actually seen the plentiful  footage of "vile" (obligatory usage) anti Catholic prejudice.

I haven't. 

Nor me.

51 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I haven't. 

Quite.

Nobody will challenge Dick on this so he will continue to write it.