[FT] Invincibles 4 - 0 Aberdeen

Very happy with that. Started well with a good attitude and have really pushed Aberdeen back for the vast majority of the half with only one break down our left side causing us an issue.

I do think we could look after the ball a bit better in key areas and with that extra care we might have scored one or two more but it's nit-picking really.

More of the same in the second half and the three points are ours but we can't afford to switch off as Aberdeen will work hard right until the final whistle.  We must match that.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Ryan Kent is a very special player, worth every penny paid. Always reminds me of Willie Johnston

It's the fact he can go either way which makes him so difficult to play against.  Add in a defensive work-rate that many special forward players won't usually offer then we have an absolute star.

In today's market, I wouldn't even pick up the phone for anything less than £30m and even then I'd probably be laughing at the offer.

Very controlled and solid.

With every game he plays, Simpson looks more composed and also willing to play a pass. People may disagree, but a big chunk of our title success comes down to our "Iron Curtain" in central defense and goals, with McGregor and Goldson the heart of it, but no matter who assisted them all were rather solid.

Simpson has done fine. He's still learning the Scottish game, the intensity and physicality involved and exactly what's needed positionally but you can see he has all the qualities to improve and there's no doubt his use of the ball is very good.