• Borna Barisic
    • Joe Aribo
    • Steven Davis
    • Glen Kamara
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Ryan Kent
    • Alfredo Morelos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/05/21 at 06:41

A very difficult decision, there are many who deserve recognition and a case for all to be voted player of the year. 

I have gone for Ryan Kent, simply because when he is on his game, he is unplayable, a player who truly excites and who gets you off your seat. 

There has been so many good performances and consistency that this might be the first time ever that there is no right or wrong answer to the POTY question anywhere. Plus the for and against arguments seem to be accepted by all - that just reflects how good the players have been.

Could be any of a number of players, it's been such an outstanding season.

Tavernier has been inspirational. Goldson  - Mr Consistency. McGregor  - World Class. Davis - effortless. I could go on through the team. 

But I agree with Cammy, Kent excites and for that he gets my vote

On 17/05/2021 at 09:39, Frankie said:

For me, it has to be James Tavernier.

Whilst I've easily picked an XI of possible winners, the captain has really stood out this season for me. Yes, he unfortunately missed ten games through injury but it says a lot for his fitness and mental strength that he was able to return and play an important part in our final five games of the campaign.

I appreciate the calls for various other players but if we take away some understandable recency bias, then Tav sticks out for his defensive improvements, his attacking play, his taking of responsibility and his overall leadership of the side which stands up to the kind of scrutiny we usually reserve for Rangers legends of the past.

Well, James, you're in that company now for me and few of this current squad deserve it more.

This for me, and recency bias is working against Tavernier. For me, when they performed at their best has to come into it. Tavernier was the best player in the league when we were in a real battle for the title. Celtic only dropped 2 points in their first 9 games before we beat them. That loss caused them to briefly fall away but then they rallied in December before, yet again, a loss to Rangers killed their momentum. Only at that point did many Rangers fans allow themselves to believe we were going to win the league. Tavernier's performances were a huge part in pushing us ahead of Celtic when they were still very much in the title race. Good form in recent months is great but of less value than when the pressure was really on, in my opinion. Of course, I don't begrudge votes for any member of this squad and believe there is strong case for many of them.

Edited by DMAA