Big Kilmarnock Bunnet or Dundee Bonnet?

5 hours ago, Bill said:

You've went too far this time. Where has all this linguistic superiority came from?

Actually, if you accept Scots is a language then technically the past participle 'gone' indeed does not exist. 'Went' would be correct; trouble is most Scots speak a confused mixture of Scottish English and Scots (the two are not interchangeable).I was just reacting to Gribz's outrageous description of Charlie Adam.

32 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Actually, if you accept Scots is a language then technically the past participle 'gone' indeed does not exist. 'Went' would be correct; trouble is most Scots speak a confused mixture of Scottish English and Scots (the two are not interchangeable).I was just reacting to Gribz's outrageous description of Charlie Adam.

And I thought it was just that Weegies lacked a certain breeding ?

After ninety minutes at a rain sodden Dens Park last evening, it's the Dee that hold a 2-1 advantage.

The deciding game of the tie is this Monday coming amid the wilds of Ershur. 

Memories of the culinary triumph that is 'the Curried Peh' continue to linger, thus I remain optimistic for it to be Dee fantastic on the plastic?

41 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Yes there are, and Mr Scott7, I expect, will be along to explain the origins of said name. 

The origins of keelie I know not. I only mention the derivation propounded by Jack House, the Weegie-Kimg.

Other speculations of equal validity are available.

Did Weegie start in Leith? Wouldn’t be surprised. Much mischief comes out of there.

25 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

The origins of keelie I know not. I only mention the derivation propounded by Jack House, the Weegie-Kimg.

Other speculations of equal validity are available.

Did Weegie start in Leith? Wouldn’t be surprised. Much mischief comes out of there.

Most mischief starts East of High Street.