The Great, the Good and the Unacceptable

51 minutes ago, Frankie said:

55 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Collectively we have to learn and find a way to filter that through to every section of the support. This situation has partly arose through disengagement and a lack of leadership and communication to our wider communities and society. The solution surely lies in addressing that?

I believe that the lesson has been largely learned from most sections in the support. You can never get 100% buy-in. That's just not possible, but by-and-large, there's been progress made. However I'm presuming that a majority of those causing the trouble weren't regulars at Ibrox. They were the ones that turn up once a season for a European night, half-cut and coked up, that the club has virtually no direct interaction with. They don't visit the club's website. They don't read the club's statements. I don't see what the club can do to reach these people. It's just not possible.

2 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I believe that the lesson has been largely learned from most sections in the support. You can never get 100% buy-in. That's just not possible, but by-and-large, there's been progress made. However I'm presuming that a majority of those causing the trouble weren't regulars at Ibrox. They were the ones that turn up once a season for a European night, half-cut and coked up, that the club has virtually no direct interaction with. They don't visit the club's website. They don't read the club's statements. I don't see what the club can do to reach these people. It's just not possible.

I agree with most of that and I wouldn't put it on the club to deal with. However, I would say I saw enough to be concerned about it. A lack of imagination in a fair chunk of the singing. That might have been bravado and being outside the stadium or on the streets or whatever. I might be glass half empty here but it's going to lead to problems down the line. 

I hope the Club would endorse that article, send it to the SG and ask them if they think the author represents the majority of Rangers supporters. He speaks for me on this.

Tremendous article.  No matter how difficult the challenge we need to get the message across to those who still don't get it or care that Rangers is a changed institution.  Don't wear the shirt if you don't agree.  We also need to get across the positive message about all the club has done to effect change and all the good it does in the wider community.  It is sad that none of the good is recognised.

Good article.

I do get the impression that those of us who travel to matches in large groups (usually RSCs) have a more realistic understanding of the percentage game, when it comes to bad behaviour/miscreants.

On a bus with 20-30 Bears, you'll always get a handful who just can't behave themselves.