Rangers Help UEFA Rankings

3 hours ago, Bill said:

I take a different view. I hope other Scottish clubs earn coefficient points but I absolutely refuse to support any of them.

By 'support' I didn't mean turn up and cheer for them - I just meant 'hope' as you say. By the way, a propos of nothing, in Australia, they ask, "Who do you barrack for?" - meaing who do you support!

Edited by alexscottislegend

Given how much money we spent "helping" the wee clubs while climbing through the divisions (compared to what the get from the authorities) ... and now this impressive promotion of the Scottish game in Europe, the amount of backstabbing coming from the Scottish game (not to mention authorities, media and politics) is quite sobering. 

14 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Given how much money we spent "helping" the wee clubs while climbing through the divisions (compared to what the get from the authorities) ... and now this impressive promotion of the Scottish game in Europe, the amount of backstabbing coming from the Scottish game (not to mention authorities, media and politics) is quite sobering. 

... but not the slightest bit surprising.

On 23/05/2021 at 08:55, Tannochsidebear said:

Makes no real difference to St Johnstone I don’t think. 1 round and out as per usual.

St Johnstone will get two bites at the cherry this year. If they bomb out of the Europa straight away they get into the Conference play off. If they make it to the Europa play off but lose, they go straight into a Conference group. Regarding the coefficient: I can't help thinking Hibs would make a better fist of qualification than St Johnstone (and it would be handy to have them dsitracted and fatigued by European group football), so it would have been better if they'd won the cup / got the better spot. On the other hand, Hibs are cunts.

Maybe the Conference will be of a low enough quality that the Scottish teams will do okay. I doubt any "big" team that ends up in the Conference League (Roma, Villarreal) will take it that seriously so they'll probably play their second string.

6 minutes ago, Thinker said:

Here's a graph by Bert Kassies ( https://kassiesa.net/uefa/graphs/ ) that shows the "Rangers effect" (or lack of) on Scotland's ranking).

crank.png

The depiction shown is actually a Jackson Pollock abstract splatter painting.

If any Gersnetters are thinking, that is the very dab for the lounge wall? I can facilitate at £500 a pop, I also have a spare bridge in Brooklyn for sale.