I recall Villarreal were unable to beat us in last season's EL group matches.

Always enjoyable to watch the Stretford team lose out on trophies - horrible club.  The pre-match feel from BT was that Man Utd already had the thing won, which seems to be a regular problem for English pundits/commentators.

17 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Always enjoyable to watch the Stretford team lose out on trophies - horrible club.  The pre-match feel from BT was that Man Utd already had the thing won, which seems to be a regular problem for English pundits/commentators.

Oh dear poor old Utd.

Anyway those English pundits will be saying that an English team will win the CL on Saturday lol 

There's a justifiable arrogance when it comes to English club sides, granted.  Paul Scholes really over-egged it though - he made it sound like it was going to be a piece of piss for the rags.  

Hopefully City rub salt into their wounds on Saturday night.  

Well done Uni Emery, that has shut a lot of pundits and radio stations up, some who said Man Utd had won it after they beat Roma 6-2.

This proves Man Utd are still well short from Man City and Liverpool. They need 3 world class players and an elite manager. The hangover from Ferguson lasted long and meant Moyes and Van Gaal were always on a slippery slope. OGS was never part of the plan and landed the job after lifting a Mourinho cloud. With Conte and Allegri available they should be doing a deal for one of them today. 

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

The worst one for me was actually Welsh - Savage. Cant stand that guy. Arrogance always pours out of every one of them and last night was no different