European Championship 2020 (2021)

The hero of the hour, Patrik Schick, talks to the BBC. “The first game is so important and we are happy to have won this game. It’s always hard to play against us, because we have a lot of hard-working players. Scotland was a tough opponent, but we were ready. I saw the keeper off his line, I checked already in the first half. I thought maybe this situation will come. I knew he stays very high, so when the ball came, I quickly checked where he was standing, and it was a nice goal. Croatia will be a little bit different but we will prepare.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2021/jun/14/scotland-v-czech-republic-euro-2020-live

Steve Clarke speaks to the BBC. “It was quite an even game, I don’t think there was much in it. Obviously they were a little bit more clinical with their chances. Losing the goal with a second-phase set play was disappointing and we went in at half-time on the back foot, then the boy’s hit a wonderful strike from just inside our half. It was a shot that got blocked that fell perfect for them. So those moments went against us. When we had our chances to get back, we didn’t take them. It’s a good learning experience. We didn’t come here to learn, but you still learn your lessons, that’s what happens. I thought we played decent. At times we played some good stuff. Lots to learn for everybody. I’ll have a good think about it. We’ll go back to base camp, lick our wounds for 24 hours, then get ready for the game on Friday.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2021/jun/14/scotland-v-czech-republic-euro-2020-live

46 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Who's the female co-commentator on the Poland-Slovakia game?

Her tactical insight is great. 

A hundred times better than the usual tripe we're subjected to. 

I think it's Emma Hayes, the Chelsea women's team manager. She's been in the studio in the last few days anyway.