European Championship 2020 (2021)

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

It's so predictable from Shearer and Ferdinand: Spain will have too much, because they're Spain. No awareness at all. 

I think it was the Europa League final, when the Penalties were about to be taken, Ferdinand was asked who'd win. He's says, Man Utd. He's then informed that Villarreal have won their last several penalty shoot-outs, whereas Man Utd have lost their last few. He still thinks Man Utd will win, because they're Man Utd. They did not win. 

They're thick as Sh*t. 

I was really impressed by Emma Hayes. Her tactical input was superb. It was fascinating to listen to. It wasn't just the same player-focused rubbish. She was giving us a breakdown of what the managers were doing, tactically. Too many players just don't have an awareness of this, for me. 

This was the first time you thought Ferdinad was thick as Sh*t?

For me it was when he deliberately missed his drugs test and got an 8 month ban, then compounded it by getting involved in his brothers spat with John Terry and ended up showing his racist credentials by calling Ashley Cole a choc ice. To be fair, him cheating on his wife proved he was just as much a liar as being thick, and yet the BBC still employ him and let him spout off about the working class fans who do not support the knee taking. I suppose the BBC need to keep the quota up as that can be the only reason why the buffoon is still employed. 

Edited by ChelseaBoy
edit

3 hours ago, Uilleam said:

(I have this information from an impeccable, unimpeachable source)

David Marshall is keen, desperate, for a return to rasellik. Hence, to attract the attention of its new Head Coach, he went walkabout. 

Explains it all. You're welcome. 

Well it sort of worked, he certainly featured in a lot of clips yesterday and is also in the recod books. 

3 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

I may be biased but Gilmour has to play, he can both pass accurately sideways and forwards and can link the midfield and forwards. 

No need to be biased - every one with eyes to see is calling for him to start. Hell, Spain play an 18 year old, England a 17 year old and Billy is now 20! He's asking for  a loan move; I wouldn't be averse to seeing Rangers take him, though would want to use him against European opposition instead of the Livingstons et al.

That was a terrific offside goal M’bappe “scored”.

He was offside when the move started but initial advantage was nullified when two defenders easily got between him and the goal and the ‘keeper had ample time to position himself.

Rule change to offside but no advantage? Attractive proposition but probably impossible to implement. I doubt referees would want the burden of discretion.

Just now, Franc Ergs said:

ITV did the same with France.

And Hungary too. We really do have some of the most obnoxious, sneering sports journalism on the planet.

Germany and France supposedly two of the better teams out in the tournament well last night's game was woeful looks to me that the players would rather be on holiday with their families after a long season  

28 minutes ago, compo said:

last night's game was woeful looks to me that the players would rather be on holiday with their families after a long season  

I disagree - there was plenty of effort and commitment from both sides.