European Championship 2020 (2021)

23 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Oh, lighten up all of you - it's just a bit of fun! Remember the Icelanders dressing up as Vikings? I've even seen some England fans dressed like St George.

That's strange as the Vikings came almost entirely from Norway, Sweden and Denmark (although the nations did not exist) but they were largely similar in culture and language. Iceland came into being sometime in the 9C when Norse settlers migrated there. Cultural appropration at work - quick tell the Danes? :) 

And i think you probably dreamed fans dressed like St George :) 

24 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Scotland were immense tonight and O'Donnell really turned it around after Monday. Gilmour is a superstar in the making. We made England look very average and as Graeme Souness said, "footballs not coming home with that team"

I know what you mean but I think we were more "not crap" than "immense". It certainly was a decent performance but if we've any sense we'll realise that we could play like that next week and still go out of the tournament. The last thing we need is thinking a 0-0 draw is world class. Feet firmly on the ground.

Edited by Bill

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I know what you mean but I think we were more "not crap" than "immense". It certainly was a decent performance but if we've any sense we'll realise that we could play like that next week and still go out of the tournament. The last thing we need is thinking a 0-0 draw is world class. Feet firmly on the ground.

Immense in terms of desire and effort. Still lack quality to put the ball in the net. Hate to say it but that wee w*nker Griffiths was fit he would put away these chances. Hopefully we can beat Croatia but looking at the group's I fear that will not be enough to get through as ne of the best 4rd place teams

8 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Just a wee observation about 2020 so far. The refs have been amazing. Best refereeing I've seen at a big tournie ever. Taking no shit from the divers

And also VAR, when called upon has delivered the correct decision.

Aye, refs have let the games flow as well.

As much as I canny stand O'Donnell he had a pretty good game to be fair. Give Tierney his dues as well, since he went to the arse, he's turned into some player.

Young Billy should never be out of that side again.