European Championship 2020 (2021)

16 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Helander comes on as a result of a red card for a Swedish defender with 20 mins of extra time remaining. 

Booed onto the park by the Scottish crowd. What a country we live in.

To be fair there were plenty of boos when Lustig went off and plenty of cheering (as well as booing) go when Helander came on.

9 minutes ago, CammyF said:

To be fair there were plenty of boos when Lustig went off and plenty of cheering (as well as booing) go when Helander came on.

I never heard Lustig go off, and I didn’t hear any cheers when our boy went on but fair enough if you did. 

Its been a very disappointing tournament for our players with only Kamara getting decent game time but in a poor team in a dull group. Borna, Helander, Patterson & McLaughlin all just wasted valuable holiday time before our vital CL qualifiers. Add in Morelos who hardly got any game time in the Copa.

9 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I never heard Lustig go off, and I didn’t hear any cheers when our boy went on but fair enough if you did. 

Its been a very disappointing tournament for our players with only Kamara getting decent game time but in a poor team in a dull group. Borna, Helander, Patterson & McLaughlin all just wasted valuable holiday time before our vital CL qualifiers. Add in Morelos who hardly got any game time in the Copa.

Commentator even mentioned the cheers for Helander.

Yeah, been a frustrating championship for our players, just hope they all return fit and healthy.

8 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Didn't have the sound on for a lot of Sweden game as I was p****d off hearing about England nearly every second sentence.

Yes that was pretty annoying. I know the game was not a great watch but the commentator should really concentrate on what is happening on the pitch. I thought Martin Keown was reluctant to join in with the commentator's England talk.

On commentators, I prefer the ITV coverage to the BBC. I dont know about the studio talk as I don't tend to watch that but I like Clive Tyldesley, even if he goes off at tangents some time. The stand out has to be Emma Hayes for her tactical analysis during games, something you rarely hear from the co-commentator. It's usually left up to the studio panel to say what has been happening. She tells you what is happening as it happens.

I thought England were poor. I don't think they had any idea how to break Germany down; it was all off-the-cuff, while being quite solid at the back, and waiting for someone to produce a piece of magic. 

Fair enough, France won the WC playing like that, and Portugal the Euros.

Horrible way to play, though. 

Germany were poor; they were looking poor coming into the tournament, to be honest.  

7 minutes ago, Yorkie Bear said:

The stand out has to be Emma Hayes for her tactical analysis during games. She tells you what is happening as it happens.

And then she tells you again.  Then again.  Then repeats herself.  Then refers to "low points", whatever that means.

She's trying too hard.

11 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

None of them 'wasted' holiday time - they were valuable members of squads. Unless you think countries should only take eleven players. 

9 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Didn't have the sound on for a lot of Sweden game as I was p****d off hearing about England nearly every second sentence.

Quite. Every tournament they speculate on how England would do against either team. And it's always, "nothing to fear from either of them."

31 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Quite. Every tournament they speculate on how England would do against either team. And it's always, "nothing to fear from either of them."

They never learn, do they? Probably right for once.