European Championship 2020 (2021)

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Why not? Who sets the rules and applies the moral code - you?

Unfortunately I don’t.

Moss and Cruise and the rest are unlikely to have been at any match other than a prestigious  event. They attend for publicity purposes to attach themselves to the event. The prestigious event is glad to have them for the same reasons but they aren’t football supporters.

Perhaps I’m wrong. Maybe Cruise has a season ticket at Scunthorpe. Maybe Moss is dead keen on Leyton Orient.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I would get behind that.  Scott7 for Prime Minister.  

Right enough, bound to be an improvement. I’d prefer him as Fm though

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

A bit off topic, but you might appreciate this:

I'm sure I read that our B team in the match against Clyde, had a substitute called Cervantes. Is that why the performance was so quixotic?

Perhaps, but it was England which fielded Sancho.....

I sort of get what you're saying but you veer perilously close to cynicism, which is not an endearing trait. I may be an idealist but I hope for a future which the author  of this quote yearned:

I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full.”

I’m a Blakean. Couldn’t be more of an idealist. However there’s a difference between hope and expectation. The only real difference that can be made is human to human. Person to person. And we’re back off down to road of groups. Doesn’t end well. All you can do is live beautifully and adventurously, and remember to be lionish with lions and lambish with lambs. 

You're right about Nietzche but wrong about today's 'marxism.'  That's like that Tory MP on tv yesterday going on about footballers being marxists. He wouldn't recognise one if he tripped over him in the street.

You replace it with collectivists and it works. Don’t know about the Tory MP stuff though. 

that Tory MP on tv yesterday going on about footballers being marxists. He wouldn't recognise one if he tripped over him in the street.

....and neither would Marx....

Mind you, a Tory MP? It's not a racing cert that he would recognise an England International, either. 

Some good interesting discussion on this thread now. I agree fully with what Scott7 says - Just aside - not that Id take it off them but I do wonder where they get their tickets from and if they had to pay for them. Why dont they sit in with the average man in the stands rather than always have to being perceived as being in the VIP (worst ever - actually define a very important person from another) - simple answer is they cant and wouldnt know how to. 

Edited by Gribz

18 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Some good interesting discussion on this thread now. I agree fully with what Scott7 says - Just aside - not that Id take it off them but I do wonder where they get their tickets from and if they had to pay for them. Why dont they sit in with the average man in the stands rather than always have to being perceived as being in the VIP (worst ever - actually define a very important person from another) - simple answer is they cant and wouldnt know how to. 

Would have been superb in the old terraces with Kate or Cliff standing beside someone with their Rothesay dock in an open beer can ???