European Championship 2020 (2021)

19 hours ago, bmck said:

I’m a Blakean. Couldn’t be more of an idealist. However there’s a difference between hope and expectation. The only real difference that can be made is human to human. Person to person. And we’re back off down to road of groups. Doesn’t end well. All you can do is live beautifully and adventurously, and remember to be lionish with lions and lambish with lambs. 

"Everything that lives is holy."

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Everything about nationalism is a national embarrassment. Apparently we walk among people who think this is in our best interests. 

I always return to the fact that, by definition, half of our fellow citizens have below-average intelligence. Clearly, they’re all nationalists. 

What an arrogant assumption. Don't know who you mean exactly by our fellow citizens but there is a particularly nasty far-right English nationalism prevalent right now and I don't hear much condemnation from you. Or does it only apply if dressed up in tartan?

28 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

What an arrogant assumption. Don't know who you mean exactly by our fellow citizens but there is a particularly nasty far-right English nationalism prevalent right now and I don't hear much condemnation from you. Or does it only apply if dressed up in tartan?

Jesus, if I'd known anyone would be so po-faced about it I'd have included a suitable smiley to help lighten your pompous burden.