European Championship 2020 (2021)

2 hours ago, compo said:

Germany and France supposedly two of the better teams out in the tournament well last night's game was woeful looks to me that the players would rather be on holiday with their families after a long season  

Thought it was a decent match with two well matched sides.

Kept thinking that the Germans would eventually pick their way through the French defence to allow a shot at goal but they could have played all night and never find one.

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I disagree - there was plenty of effort and commitment from both sides.

I just think that with possibly three teams qualifying from most groups there is little jeopardy in the group games so the better teams will take it easy.

1 hour ago, ChelseaBoy said:

I just think that with possibly three teams qualifying from most groups there is little jeopardy in the group games so the better teams will take it easy.

Spot on, Germany only needs to beat Hungary to qualify and I'd be amazed if they don't. For most of these top sides the tournament only starts after the group stage.

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

There are calls for Rudiger to get retrospectively banned. 

Lads nibbling on each other and everyone wants blood.

Game's gone. :D 

He didn't just nibble but also groped Pogba's right chest/nipple=sexual harassment.

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Wish they'd retrospectively punish players for theatrical diving.  

Just seems to be accepted across the board these days.

Some of the stuff we've been served up over that last few days has been cringingly bad. There really should be a 5th official whose only job is to rush on to the field and bludgeon these actors with a 5 iron.

I was impressed with the French last evening.

A first half of 45 minutes with two minutes added on, followed by a second 45 minutes with six minutes added on. The Referee actually played just in excess of 8 minutes. One hundred minutes of holding out against Teutonic aggression, that's twenty minutes longer than they achieved in 1940.