European Championship 2020 (2021)

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I've been very impressed with Germany-- even when they were behind, I thought they were playing well, doing the right things.

'Group of Death' is now wide open! 

Never write off the Germans. 

Game / performance of the tournament thus far.

On 18/06/2021 at 17:37, ChelseaBoy said:

That's strange as the Vikings came almost entirely from Norway, Sweden and Denmark (although the nations did not exist) but they were largely similar in culture and language. Iceland came into being sometime in the 9C when Norse settlers migrated there. Cultural appropration at work - quick tell the Danes? :) 

And i think you probably dreamed fans dressed like St George :) 

Actually my wife had a DNA test and she is of from a very rare Viking group - so she confirms what you said. As for the St. George  - I think I meant some dressed up as mediaeval knights (there was one at the Scotland match). What IS the national dress of England? My Italian mate thought they all wore bowler hats and carried brollies!

9 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

As for the St. George  - I think I meant some dressed up as mediaeval knights

Crusaders, as in the old Daily Express masthead. Some illustrations of St George anachronistically show him kitted out like that as he gets wired i to the dragon.

It's really interesting what Germany have done. 

They had no outstanding CBs, no Full-backs and no striker from which to choose. 

They've thought, 'fuck it-- three at the back, push Kimmich (who's a central midfielder now) to wing-back, and play with three false 9s'.