European Championship 2020 (2021)

54 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's been a pretty good tournament thus far. 

The games have been a lot less defensive than I expected. 

And, actually, the fact that the best third place teams can qualify has made the last group day far more interesting. Last night's matches in the group of death were brilliant. At one stage each side was knocked out! 

I'm still not sure there's a stand-out side? 

Apart from Italy I think the "big" teams have all disappointed to an extent .... but that's often the case in the group stages. I hope one of the lesser lights goes far and it wouldn't entirely surprise me if it was Sweden or Denmark.

On 24/06/2021 at 14:19, Bill said:

Apart from Italy I think the "big" teams have all disappointed to an extent .... but that's often the case in the group stages. I hope one of the lesser lights goes far and it wouldn't entirely surprise me if it was Sweden or Denmark.

It surely can be Denmark who are not a 2 player team like Wales.

The Dutch are showing the classic  vulnerability of a team that didn’t imagine for a moment that the opposition would do anything other than roll over. Then found conceit wasn’t enough and didn’t have the minerals to cope with it. 

Frank De Boer is an awful coach. Thank f*ck the Rangers board didn't listen to the fans!

Spawny Czechs, nonetheless...

I thought the Wales manager's comments were hilarious. He said for the first 15 minutes Wales were better, and that Denmark had to change tactics to deal with them. Is that not the point of a manager? 

How does this sound ,there are not enough if any good European nations to have a decent tournament I personally think the standard of all teams so far has been very poor  .