European Championship 2020 (2021)

England for once have a good chance in a match with Germany that matters. I expect them to win and then beat Ukraine/Sweden and into the semi final at Wembley to overcome Denmark or the Czechs. Meanwhile, Switzerland having shot their gallant bolt last night will progress no further and only one of Belgium, Italy or Spain can get through.

So, England tip-toeing to success? It could be coming, not home exactly, but to a property in the neighbourhood.

I forgot to mention my one gripe with last night's (otherwise) pleasurable viewing...

Can someone tell co-commentators that moments of silence are okay.  Emma Hays and McCoist just say the same things over and over and over and over.  

I think tonight's matches will be much tighter.  But my predictions are clearly not very good.

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I forgot to mention my one gripe with last night's (otherwise) pleasurable viewing...

Can someone tell co-commentators that moments of silence are okay.  Emma Hays and McCoist just say the same things over and over and over and over.  

I think tonight's matches will be much tighter.  But my predictions are clearly not very good.

The inability of commentators to shut their mouths for a second is really annoying. McCoist is becoming extremely irritating. 

3 hours ago, Bill said:

The inability of commentators to shut their mouths for a second is really annoying.

Jermaine Jenas was going full pelt this evening.

England fully deserved their win.  I thought Germany looked out of sorts.  I've predicted a Sweden win in the 8pm game, so no doubt Ukraine will win.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Jermaine Jenas was going full pelt this evening.

England fully deserved their win.  I thought Germany looked out of sorts.  I've predicted a Sweden win in the 8pm game, so no doubt Ukraine will win.

You have to assume media companies take soundings on the appeal of their presenters, which beggars the question- who is it that thinks Pat Nevin enhances football coverage. I mean, he sounds every inch the nauseating snot he is in life.