European Championship 2020 (2021)

7 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Danish coach blew it. Why take 2 of your most dangerous players? Subs didn't make sense unless the players were injured? Denmark were lost after 12 (Dolberg) and 14 (Damsgaard) went off. Braithwaite then drifted out of the game. 

Agreed plus they just werent clinical enough in the final third early on. They had a break while 1-0 up and just made a mess of it. A good set of strikers will punish that England defence.

But overall the best team won. When it went to 1-1 there was only one team. It wasnt a pen either and Schmiechel was very unlucky - what a keeper he is though. In the FA Cup final he was outstanding and he had another brilliant save in the second half.

Kyle Walker though - best RB in the world. Immense performance and he has been doing that all season. To think he almost lost his place to Trent-AA, Trippier and Reece James - now he along with Kane must be the first name on the team sheet.

I'll be getting the Old Baggio shirt out for Sunday though. I not a big Scotland fan and thought the fans were embarrassing at the Euros but Im equally not an England fan either. I certainly dont mind plenty English people as I have loads of mates and went to school there for a while but just couldnt stand the media if they won it.

Looking forward to the Final though -

1 hour ago, compo said:

Just turned on my telly and the call is sir Gareth Southgate ????

It's inevitable. You would have thought that the manager of the first British team to win the European Cup would have got one but oh no, he wasn't managing an English team; that honour was reserved for Manchester United. 

4 hours ago, Gribz said:

Agreed plus they just werent clinical enough in the final third early on. They had a break while 1-0 up and just made a mess of it. A good set of strikers will punish that England defence.

But overall the best team won. When it went to 1-1 there was only one team. It wasnt a pen either and Schmiechel was very unlucky - what a keeper he is though. In the FA Cup final he was outstanding and he had another brilliant save in the second half.

Kyle Walker though - best RB in the world. Immense performance and he has been doing that all season. To think he almost lost his place to Trent-AA, Trippier and Reece James - now he along with Kane must be the first name on the team sheet.

I'll be getting the Old Baggio shirt out for Sunday though. I not a big Scotland fan and thought the fans were embarrassing at the Euros but Im equally not an England fan either. I certainly dont mind plenty English people as I have loads of mates and went to school there for a while but just couldnt stand the media if they won it.

Looking forward to the Final though -

Yes, it's their hypocrisy that gets me; they talk about Italy being good at the 'dark arts' but Grealish and Sterling in particular are masters at it. Mind you, I have to admit England's physical condition is impressive - extra time is no bother to them.

Defender forgot to remove his feathers at Sterling dive,and watching slowmow the diver was claiming a penalty before the feather tickled him over---I really hate the cheating B*****d so come on Italy.