Rangers £6.75m share offering open (25p per share)

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers announce £6.75m supporter share offering

Certainly a lot being asked of fans now.

Season tickets, New Edmiston House packages, MyGers and now £500 a skull share offers. It is of course only fair to ask us to share the financial burden with other shareholders but I will urge supporters to be careful in balancing their love for the club and their own fiscal well-being.

It's been a long wait for a supporter to be able to invest in the club by buying shares. I saw no mention of pre-emption rights of existing shareholders - are these being waived?

12 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Certainly a lot being asked of fans now.

Season tickets, New Edmiston House packages, MyGers and now £500 a skull share offers. It is of course only fair to ask us to share the financial burden with other shareholders but I will urge supporters to be careful in balancing their love for the club and their own fiscal well-being.

People should take responsibility for their actions in this as they would in any other matter. 

In any case, I'm not sure this share issue depends too much on ordinary fans investing £500. I saw no mention of the issue being underwritten by anyone but I expect the great majority of these shares will still end up in very few hands.

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's been a long wait for a supporter to be able to invest in the club by buying shares. I saw no mention of pre-emption rights of existing shareholders - are these being waived?

I think there was a resolution at the last few AGMs to waive the pre-emption rights, which is why they've been able to issue shares around 10 times in the past year.

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

People should take responsibility for their actions in this as they would in any other matter. 

In any case, I'm not sure this share issue depends too much on ordinary fans investing £500. I saw no mention of the issue being underwritten by anyone but I expect the great majority of these shares will still end up in very few hands.

The under-writing part interests me.  

Are the existing major shareholders likely to do this or is the reason for this offer to try and avoid them having to invest more?

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

Anyone else had difficulty pre-registering?

Aye, make sure you don't have any symbols in your password; just lower case, upper case and numbers.

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Are the existing major shareholders likely to do this or is the reason for this offer to try and avoid them having to invest more?

I would guess the latter.