Rangers £6.75m share offering open (25p per share)

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

by your own measure they got this wrong....

I’m in inches. You seem to be using some sort of damned metric device. Could be why you’re consistently coming up with the wrong conclusions. ?

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2021 at 18:08, bmck said:

Morally, maybe. To make the club more money, no. Their legal duty is to do the latter where they can.

In which case they should have charged C1872 25p per share too - because there is little, if any, doubt that C1872 would still have paid 25p per share for those shares.  That is the crux of the issue here it seems.

BTW, good to see you back Barry - hope all is well my friend.

On 21/06/2021 at 12:23, Bill said:

It’s still not clear to me whether or not this share issue was underwritten and, if so, to what extent. 

Highly unlikely, doubt commercial underwriters would touch it given you could get millions of shares from King @20p.

If it is in any way underwritten it'll most likely be the larger existing investors picking up the slack.

12 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Highly unlikely, doubt commercial underwriters would touch it given you could get millions of shares from King @20p.

If it is in any way underwritten it'll most likely be the larger existing investors picking up the slack.

I thought King had reserved his shares exclusively for Club1872 and the 20p price was a deal cut with them alone. If that deal is off the table he’ll no doubt sell at whatever he gets offered. 

Far too much store is being put on this notion of a share price. We’re not talking LSE here. There isn’t any share price, only a deal price. I could offer to sell my shares for 50p each or 5p each. What I actually got for them would depend entirely on what I was offered and whether or not I was prepared to accept it. There no reason why you couldn’t sell your shares the next day at an entirely different price. 

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

I thought King had reserved his shares exclusively for Club1872 and the 20p price was a deal cut with them alone. If that deal is off the table he’ll no doubt sell at whatever he gets offered. 

Far too much store is being put on this notion of a share price. We’re not talking LSE here. There isn’t any share price, only a deal price. I could offer to sell my shares for 50p each or 5p each. What I actually got for them would depend entirely on what I was offered and whether or not I was prepared to accept it. There no reason why you couldn’t sell your shares the next day at an entirely different price. 

I imagine that deal is very much alive as there doesn't appear any other route for him to divest. 

Sid explained the intricacies of stocks and shares to me many decades ago but thanks for the refresher nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, craig said:

In which case they should have charged C1872 25p per share too - because there is little, if any, doubt that C1872 would still have paid 25p per share for those shares.  That is the crux of the issue here it seems.

BTW, good to see you back Barry - hope all is well my friend.

Yeah, while it’s in their prerogative, I do see why people are annoyed. I have taken a step back from this one, because I’m not sufficiently knowledgable about the background goings on, just director duties. 

Genuine joy to see you too, Craig. Too long. Where does time go?