Do you have a second team and why?

2 hours ago, bluedan said:

Yep, been a Boca fan since I think 2001. A few of the old school regulars will know about this. 

It started with me working night shifts back in the day and I couldn't sleep when I got home and discovered channel 5(is that still going?) showed a full match from the Argentinean league and highlights from all the other games. 

I was drawn to Boca because it was Maradonas team and the atmosphere of the crowd. I got chatting to a guy online who was a big fan and we were like pen pals for years exchanging Boca and Rangers stuff like ticket stubs, photos, scarves and the like. 

Eventually went there, three times including living there for 3 months and went to many games including a Boca-River game which was amazing. 

So cool to immerse myself in a different fan culture. 

My friend and I have been like brothers for years now and the goal now is to someday get him to an Old firm game. Attached a wee pic of us at the super classic. Amazing day! It was also the day we won the league at Killie in 12 mins so we watched that in the morning before going to Boca for the derby. One of the best days of my life. 

FB_IMG_1622622443919.jpg

If anyone is wondering Dan isnt the good looking one in the yellow top ? :thup:

Nice post mate. hope all well.

Edited by Gribz

Well owing to us moving from Glasgow to Wandsworth aged 4, i support Chelsea with 2nd club Gers, whereas my dad, brothers and uncles all support Gers with some having their 2nd team as Chelsea. I loved in when Derek Johnstone signed for Chelsea in 1983 and also Chelsea players going the other way like Durie, Flo, Spencer and Wilkins. 

I also had a liking for Cowdenbeath - didnt know anything about them, but me and a pal wanted to choose a unfancied team and I liked the home supporters end - The Cowshed :) My friend chose Stenhousmuir again without knowing anything about them. 

Having worked in Munich a bit, i started following 1860 Munchen as i couldnt get my head around one city with one huge club and a tiny minnow club. 

And i do look out and occasionally go to my local team Dartford in national league South.

Edited by ChelseaBoy
edit