An English delivery driver in Dundee has won £13,000 for racial discrimination

14 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think your responses verify my comment that it is divisive.

Wilfred Zaha has stopped doing it.  The Rangers team stopped doing it after the Kudela incident.  

That's just ridiculous.

You have to think how it is being perceived, when you boo an overtly anti-racist gesture. Whether it is effective or not is another matter.

50 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

If people boo then they might just as well throw bananas or make monkey chants.

That might be your most stupid post ever. Well done. 

22 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

You have to think how it is being perceived, when you boo an overtly anti-racist gesture. Whether it is effective or not is another matter.

Who says it's anti-racist? You?

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

Who says it's anti-racist? You?

Unlike you, I don't pretend to know what's in the mind of every single 'boo-er'. I simply make the point about how it is generally being perceived. Unless you are suggesting the gesture is not anti-racist which would be odd to say the least.

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Unlike you, I don't pretend to know what's in the mind of every single 'boo-er'. I simply make the point about how it is generally being perceived. Unless you are suggesting the gesture is not anti-racist which would be odd to say the least.

Really ASIL. I'd do some research as apart from the usual suspects, there are many media opinions who agree it is meaningless and that booing is an expression of free speech. If you want to bring divisive politics into the sporting arena then be prepared for the fact that not everyone will support that view. 

Here are just a couple of alternative sources for you:

https://unherd.com/thepost/dont-dismiss-the-booers-as-bigots/

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/06/07/stop-this-culture-war-against-the-working-class/

3 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

You have to think how it is being perceived, when you boo an overtly anti-racist gesture.

I wouldn't boo it, personally.  I think people have a right to boo or applaud it, if they want.

However, the point was made and the continued usage of the gesture is now causing, rather than solving, problems (in my opinion).  

10 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

I suggest that if any footballer wants to get more involved in politics then let them join a party or pressure group. The average fan does not want to see multi millionaires virtue signalling before a football match. 

This is not a spontaneous act. The players were told to do this and only football persists with meaningless gestue politics. People boo, not because they are racist (though a small minority may be) but because they don't like being preached to. 

Fans don't boo other forms of virtue signalling. For example nobody criticises Show Racism the Red Card.