The latest Club1872 commotion

I've been swithering about posting a thread about this increasingly unedifying episode but as more stuff comes out in the media, the more relevant the story becomes - especially when both the club and the fans group are asking us to spend a lot of cash on shares.

To cut a long story short it seems that:

a) Dave King and the Rangers board are not getting on with the former chairman working with C1872 to increase their holding by buying his shares whilst claiming the newly announced RFC share offer will be at a higher price.  Effectively Dave King wants to you to buy shares from him via C1872 whilst RFC now want you to buy direct from them (full details of this offer to be decided).  

b) Meanwhile there appears to be some doubt placed upon the existing C1872 directors by Rev Stuart MacQuarrie (a former director himself) where he alleges they are not working in the interests of the membership and are looking to control all activities whilst also being overseen by a shadow director (alleged to be Chris Graham who fairly recently left some sort of consultancy role at the club).

c) As such current elections to the C1872 board are being used to highlight this issue where the likes of Mark Dingwall was denied the chance to stand for a position. However, another former club chairman Malcolm Murray is now standing but has been trashed in today's papers by Dave King (https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19358485.dave-king-addresses-rangers-share-deal-malcolm-murrays-club-1872-board-bid/).

d) Robert Marshall (the owner of the Louden and father of the RFC SLO) is now working to organise a C1872 AGM after taking legal advice on all the above.

As often is the case, it's rather unclear when it comes to the allegations being made and information subsequently supplied.

From direct experience of such bunfights, I'd certainly suggest there are two sides to every story so would urge anyone who is interested to be wary of who says what and when.  But it's certainly a shame that in the wake of one of my best moments as a Rangers fan, we're now having more issues to enjoy within the fanbase - especially when Celtic are struggling badly at the moment right across their setup.

If you do want to post about this (and I suspect a few will enjoy some of the content elsewhere) then please avoid making unsubstantiated claims and stick to the facts.  And I should be clear at the outset neither myself or this website has a horse in this race.

This emerging mess is as predictable as it’s inevitable as it’s so very familiar. 

It’s not really a case of history repeating itself, more that the same actors have been staging the same sad tragedy for the last 15 years.

All that money. All that hope. All those promises. 

46 minutes ago, Frankie said:

But it's certainly a shame that in the wake of one of my best moments as a Rangers fan, we're now having more issues to enjoy within the fanbase

Very disappointing but also very predictable.  

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

I've been swithering about posting a thread about this increasingly unedifying episode but as more stuff comes out in the media, the more relevant the story becomes - especially when both the club and the fans group are asking us to spend a lot of cash on shares.

To cut a long story short it seems that:

a) Dave King and the Rangers board are not getting on with the former chairman working with C1872 to increase their holding by buying his shares whilst claiming the newly announced RFC share offer will be at a higher price.  Effectively Dave King wants to you to buy shares from him via C1872 whilst RFC now want you to buy direct from them (full details of this offer to be decided).  

b) Meanwhile there appears to be some doubt placed upon the existing C1872 directors by Rev Stuart MacQuarrie (a former director himself) where he alleges they are not working in the interests of the membership and are looking to control all activities whilst also being overseen by a shadow director (alleged to be Chris Graham who fairly recently left some sort of consultancy role at the club).

c) As such current elections to the C1872 board are being used to highlight this issue where the likes of Mark Dingwall was denied the chance to stand for a position. However, another former club chairman Malcolm Murray is now standing but has been trashed in today's papers by Dave King (https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19358485.dave-king-addresses-rangers-share-deal-malcolm-murrays-club-1872-board-bid/).

d) Robert Marshall (the owner of the Louden and father of the RFC SLO) is now working to organise a C1872 AGM after taking legal advice on all the above.

As often is the case, it's rather unclear when it comes to the allegations being made and information subsequently supplied.

From direct experience of such bunfights, I'd certainly suggest there are two sides to every story so would urge anyone who is interested to be wary of who says what and when.  But it's certainly a shame that in the wake of one of my best moments as a Rangers fan, we're now having more issues to enjoy within the fanbase - especially when Celtic are struggling badly at the moment right across their setup.

If you do want to post about this (and I suspect a few will enjoy some of the content elsewhere) then please avoid making unsubstantiated claims and stick to the facts.  And I should be clear at the outset neither myself or this website has a horse in this race.

The published letters are damning Frankie, compounded by the fact the source may fall into the "unimpeachable" category, I do think its going to get very messy and unedifying

It's laughable that there hasn't been an AGM yet.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

c) As such current elections to the C1872 board are being used to highlight this issue where the likes of Mark Dingwall was denied the chance to stand for a position.

As well as Mark being denied the chance to stand, there's been threats made by the current board to someone else in the past to prevent then to stand. I proposed someone else this year and their name has not appeared so I presume that at least one and I think a second have also been refused the right to stand.

The current C1872 board appear to be acting as a cartel and are refusing to address members' valid concerns, and we have the sleazy sight of Dave King wanting to get his cash back rather than the club getting cash and entering the fray. 

I'd urge any C1872 members to pass their name and membership number to Rab Marshall (or pass them to me and I can pass them on) to allow him to try and get support for an AGM.

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It's laughable that there hasn't been an AGM yet.

As well as Mark being denied the chance to stand, there's been threats made by the current board to someone else in the past to prevent then to stand. I proposed someone else this year and their name has not appeared so I presume that at least one and I think a second have also been refused the right to stand.

The current C1872 board appear to be acting as a cartel and are refusing to address members' valid concerns, and we have the sleazy sight of Dave King wanting to get his cash back rather than the club getting cash and entering the fray. 

I'd urge any C1872 members to pass their name and membership number to Rab Marshall (or pass them to me and I can pass them on) to allow him to ty and get support for an AGM.

Its Christine BD - she confirmed it on FF

2 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Its Christine BD - she confirmed it on FF

Yes, she was the one I referred to in previous years but didn't feel it was my place to say. 

There were others who were looking to stand this year and their names haven't appeared on the ballot. I don't know if their names have come out as I haven't fully read the FF threads.