The latest Club1872 commotion

I signed up for C1872 legacy scheme so am particularly disappointed in the recent turn of events.  As mentioned by others, it felt like some valid criticisms were being taken personally, rather than being seen as an opportunity for increased member engagement and transparency in decision making.  The lack of published/timely minutes of meetings and the lack of an AGM merely add to this.  To get to a point were McQuarrie feels the need to resign rather than continue, indicates a breakdown in trust between the Board that needs to be presented to Members to enable us to make informed decisions about how to proceed.  Unfortunately we seem to be in the position of needing an independent review into the governance and conduct of the CIC Board that will cost time and money that would be better spent elsewhere.

To coin a phrase used from the past, we deserve better.

Surely no one can be surprised by any of this and it’s hard to see how anyone could be disappointed. To be disappointed, you would first have to have believed any other outcome was possible - and that would require an unseemly degree of either gullibility or wilful denial. 

33 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Supporting a football club and all that involves requires a bit of blind faith/hope.

Anyone indulging in blind faith shouldn’t be surprised when they walk into a lamp post. 

50 minutes ago, Bill said:

Anyone indulging in blind faith shouldn’t be surprised when they walk into a lamp post. 

We all did that in 2012, hence the desire for more fan representation at the club.

I fully support Robert Marshals latest efforts , however given his part in the Rf debacle which allowed club1872 to start its quite ironic how this has turned out.

Ive passed my details onto him so hopefully he gets enough support . I have absolutely no faith in this current board , the whole debacle around the Craig Houston affair ended it for me , since then there has been no meetings , virtually no correspondence and no elections , or at least that I am aware off.

44 minutes ago, rbr said:

I fully support Robert Marshals latest efforts , however given his part in the Rf debacle which allowed club1872 to start its quite ironic how this has turned out.

Ive passed my details onto him so hopefully he gets enough support . I have abs.olutely no faith in this current board , the whole debacle around the Craig Houston affair ended it for me , since then there has been no meetings , virtually no correspondence and no elections , or at least that I am aware off

Not really evidence of a "member led organisation" RBR

It's a well worn topic but I might as well throw in my 2 pence worth again.

Club 1872 is undeniably better than zero fan ownership.  It is better for Club 1872 to buy Dave King's shares rather than risk the wrong people getting hold of them.  The problem is that if you donate to Club 1872 you need to take an ongoing responsibility for it.  You never own the shareholding but someone does.  That is to say you really need to remain a member and be active.  If you don't then who knows who will end up controlling Club 1872.

Actual fan ownership of shares is undeniably better than donating to Club 1872.  When you own shares you don't need to give any thought to any of the bickering that surrounds the Club 1872 board.  You'll never need to worry about who might one day control the share holding that you paid for.  If you do this then you end up with a different problem.  You'll be faced with dilution of your holding one day.  That's an easier problem to deal with.