2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I was a speedy winger for Govan High School (black and reds) in my youth. I had speed but feck all else to be fair. ?

When I played for Tranent primary school our strips were red & black stripes, black Shorts, and black socks with red tops ?

36 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Well I played there many times mate so every chance, in my time Boness were one of the top teams and a very difficult place to play, I don't think I(we) ever won there. Is the wee bookies still next to the ground?.

Yeah, as is the ICI Club across the road from the groumd but Newtown Bar which was next to bookies has gone. 

Used to enjoy watching the juniors, Bo'ness v Linlithgow could be a bit tasty ?

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Did I ever see you grace the hallowed Newtown Park turf in Bo'ness ?‍♂️??

Never tire of posting my only youtube goal ?, keep your eye on the Tranent number 10, 1st goal ?, Maroon colours

Lovely turn and finish sir!.

Played Ayrshire amateur for a few years, but tbh I dunno if I was really good enough, in reality I preferred playing 7 asides with my mates.

I was never a trainer either, at 46 I am probably fitter than I was at 28, hated running, now love it, ultramarathons, hill racing, all sorts. The irony. ?

Played with Billy Gilmours dad, which makes me feel old!

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2021 at 15:57, ian1964 said:

Well I played there many times mate so every chance, in my time Boness were one of the top teams and a very difficult place to play, I don't think I(we) ever won there. Is the wee bookies still next to the ground?.

The only Juniors worth talking about is the famous Auchinleck Talbot :ninja:

I was scouted by a Scottish top tier team when I was at Killie Boys Club, but in their infinite wisdom none of my coaches informed me about it until 6 months after I had quit Killie, and football and even then it was only because they bumped into my parents in the town.  Thanks coaches.  I actually started in goals and played for the County team down in England (Hampshire) but our school team was so good I got bored, so then moved to left midfield, and played for the County team again, even though I was right footed.  When we moved to Scotland and I joined Killie I just wanted to play so I ended up playing left back, which was the position I was scouted for.  Played alongside Gary Holt who ended up at Celtic and was capped 10 times for Scotland, and no word of a lie, Gary was maybe 5th best player in our team behind me, a CB, the GK and a central midfielder.  Gary always had a great engine, and also had the determination to make it.

When I quit football I took up lawn bowling - won the Scottish Youth Pairs when I was 13 and then became the first person to appear in two finals when I was 15 - would have won it again but my partner played shite in the final.