1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

If it bothers Bill to this extent, I'm going to go tonto about every shirt, pair of shorts and socks the club releases.

Gold though... seriously!?  It'll go well with a hang glider, I suppose (Anyone and Everyone).

Bothered, moi? ?

On 22/06/2021 at 14:27, Bill said:

Every sodding year we go through this ridiculous ritual about a new strip, with the same tired old preferences, likes and dislikes paraded for weeks until everyone eventually gets bored being a fashion critic. As if it can't be a proper Rangers strip unless it's been picked apart, every stitch criticised and compared to old strips through the generations. So much froth, what's the point? It's not as if Rangers is going to change it. It's the new Rangers strip, done deal, it is what it is, live with it. 

For my part, if it's the new Rangers strip then it's the new Rangers strip and I'll buy one for my grandson regardless of what it looks like - just because it's the Rangers strip. 

Think every club goes through that. I remember a friend moaning that the Sunderland kit had veered away from very precise red and whire stripes and i remember the uproar when Chelsea had a complete red kit (albeit as a second strip) 

For me i always prefer the plainer home shirts with no unwanted colours, apart from the traditional and no crazy patterns in the blue areas (both Gers and Chelesa) and I always, always moan at the price. It's a tradition and i always end up not buying it anyway :) 

Anyway .......... the new design is clearly intended as an anniversary strip, with the 1960's neck and sleeves. The use of gold on blue is part of a branding theme we've seen elsewhere for some time now and I think is a clever way of making a very visible statement to the world that this isn't just an anniversary but a huge milestone for a special club. This is the sort of messaging that's been lacking for decades and the more I see of our brand development the more I appreciate how far we've come in the last few years. 

9 hours ago, Bill said:

Something else I like ..... no five stars

Agree 100%. They look cheap and completely diminish the iconic monogram badge IMO. 

At least the kit is different from last season. Just saw the Tims strip. Literally the same strip as last season minus the yellow. Adidas really burning the candle at both ends in that one ???

Lots of debate as per usual,  I too have reservations in respect of the crest colour and deviation from traditional in that respect. 

Just wondering though, how many of those who are critical have any intention to purchase one?

I'm too old and grotesque to wear a top but have still bought the 55 and 150 versions. We were all appalled at previous retail deals, we now have a beneficial contract least we can do is support it.

8 minutes ago, gaspard said:

Lots of debate as per usual,  I too have reservations in respect of the crest colour and deviation from traditional in that respect. 

Just wondering though, how many of those who are critical have any intention to purchase one?

I'm too old and grotesque to wear a top but have still bought the 55 and 150 versions. We were all appalled at previous retail deals, we now have a beneficial contract least we can do is support it.

I personally dont think much of it but the grandchildren will be getting kitted out in full strips home away any any other we Put on sale ,it will be money well spent to see their happy faces :rfc:

14 minutes ago, gaspard said:

I bought the Umbro '72 style top when we were demoted but never wore it.  The last top I bought before that was the orange Diadora one.  Bought a couple of kits for my son (9) but he's showing no interest in football, so doubt I'll buy a new shirt again. 

The yahoos quite often have gold on their strips, which says it all.

I think we are missing the point .... Rangers hasn’t swapped white for gold in any permanent sense. The gold is purely a 150 anniversary colour. After all, how do you mark a huge anniversary if everything just stays the same?

Edited by Bill