12 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Would be nice but I never got that as change strip. Surely we would only change when played a team with blue so why change in another strip with blue in it? It wouldn't happen today with the colour regulations for opposing strips

Maybe release it as a non-match day / retro kit? 150th crest and no sponsor and in decent cotton material! I certainly purchase it ?

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Would be nice but I never got that as change strip. Surely we would only change when played a team with blue so why change in another strip with blue in it? It wouldn't happen today with the colour regulations for opposing strips

You’re forgetting that was in the black & white era before colour was invented. ?

22 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Maybe some of the older Gersnetters can help me out here. My memory of back then is there was no change (away) strip. If you look at that photo from 71/72 the striped strip was used for the Reserve team matches. It was almost like you had to earn a first team strip hence the difference. I cannot remember playing 1st team matches in that strip. If there was a colour clash it was usually a red top. The whole principle of away tops began to appear a decade later. My own opinion on adopting it now is "Why the hell would you want to look like Kilmarnock? ?

In the good old days the home team changed their jerseys. Rangers change was white or red.

The blue and white stripes was a natty outfit. Might have been a cup tie strip, I really don’t know but it was worn quite often 63/64 including the famous Dundee final.

No resemblance to Kilmarnock because at that time, Kilmarnock played in blue and white hoops.