Pre-Season Megathread | Rangers 2 (Sakala 54; Itten 77) - 1 Real Madrid [FT]

6 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Gerry Braiden is Policy Advisor to the SNP group controlling Glasgow City Council. Further, he is PRO to Convenor, Susan Aitken.

Take a minute peek at Gerry's Twitter feed and you'll realise Gerry's football obsession.

These last few years; from Cessnock Residents Association through George Square, to GCC regulated attendances at Ibrox/Sellik Park, Gerry's fingerprints are all over these decisions.

Stuart Cosgrove has been recently proclaiming Gerry as a very good friend of the show on BBC Scotland. If they want to reconnect with the Rangers supporters, Cosgrove should get Gerry on to the show to explain the science behind the figures provided by GCC. Since GCC are also responsible for the Glasgow Underground, Gerry can tell us why it's suspending it's services from 18.00hrs on Sunday evening, just as Rangers are kicking off against Real Madrid?

There’s no science behind the figures. Just political opportunism 

On 22/07/2021 at 01:38, CammyF said:

Having just read GCCs explanation of how the "safety commitee" have decided on attendances, I retract my previous opinion. 

Can you post their explanation Cammy ?

4 hours ago, craig said:

Can you post their explanation Cammy ?

If I can find their press- release then yes! Basically said for both Rangers and Celtic they are building up (and don't quote me) % capacity until we reach "full capacity". However, it appears that Celtic have conveniently "skipped" a % capacity and are in front of us now (meaning they'll get to full capacity a game or two before us (depending on fixture list).

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

If I can find their press- release then yes! Basically said for both Rangers and Celtic they are building up (and don't quote me) % capacity until we reach "full capacity". However, it appears that Celtic have conveniently "skipped" a % capacity and are in front of us now (meaning they'll get to full capacity a game or two before us (depending on fixture list).

i am surprised by this. honest I am. 

rangers fans could easily vote this lot out. 

it's worrying we don't 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

i am surprised by this. honest I am. 

rangers fans could easily vote this lot out. 

it's worrying we don't 

When it comes to political self-interest, Rangers fans must be the most negligent people on the planet.

Hearing that more and more people are receiving emails regarding the Brighton and Real Madrid friendlies. Does this mean we have been granted increased allocations? If so, hopefully means increased allocation against Livi? 

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Hearing that more and more people are receiving emails regarding the Brighton and Real Madrid friendlies. Does this mean we have been granted increased allocations? If so, hopefully means increased allocation against Livi? 

think it will just be people not taking up their offered tickets. 

Surely we would have heard. 

either that or the club have just said fuck them

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

Apparently there's been an increase but the new levels haven't been announced.