Pre-Season Megathread | Rangers 2 (Sakala 54; Itten 77) - 1 Real Madrid [FT]

On 29/06/2021 at 09:58, Rousseau said:

I thought I'd make this a pre-season megathread, for all things pre-season. 

I'm expecting more from Itten this year. He made cameos last season, but nothing consistent, so I'd like to see him take a step up and push for a starting spot. 

I'm worried about Patterson. He's more than good enough to play. But, he has Tavernier ahead of him... I'm concerned he's not going to get the games he needs to help him progress. 

I do hope a youngster can make an impact pre-season. 

We're still short in midfield, so I'd like to see some signings in that area. 

In that vein, I'm curious to see how Nnamdi Ofoborh gets on (No-- I didn't look up the spelling... ?). 

You may not be aware that he played as a right winger in some Scotland U21 games. So not inconceivable that he could play ahead of Tav. Or he could go on loan.

42 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

You may not be aware that he played as a right winger in some Scotland U21 games. So not inconceivable that he could play ahead of Tav. Or he could go on loan.

We don't play with a Right-Winger, though. 

12 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Well, nobody does these days, but you know what I mean; right of a front three. Just a suggestion.

I don't. You mentioned winger, then suggested he could play 'ahead of Tavernier'. 

Did you mean play Tavernier in central midfield, wide of Davis?  

On 29/06/2021 at 09:58, Rousseau said:

I'm worried about Patterson. He's more than good enough to play. But, he has Tavernier ahead of him... I'm concerned he's not going to get the games he needs to help him progress. 

We're still short in midfield, so I'd like to see some signings in that area. 

I'd be happy enough if Patterson had 10-15 games. After this season then I think it's a problem.

The midfield is a big risk. I don't want us to end up relying on Davis, Jack and Arfield. 

On 01/07/2021 at 09:01, ranger_syntax said:

I'd be happy enough if Patterson had 10-15 games. After this season then I think it's a problem.

The midfield is a big risk. I don't want us to end up relying on Davis, Jack and Arfield. 

I’m pretty sure I heard Tav do an interview where he didn’t rule out returning to England. It was in a generic way, in response to “is that you now Rangers forever?” type thing and his response was the generic forever is a long time, focusing on the now etc. There’s scope for a natural evolution here. Cup games and more than 20 minute sub appearances.