Scepticism and the Rangers Fan Token

20 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

i guess te directors have a duty to take any money going in fairness....

Don’t agree mate , just because other clubs are doing it doesn’t make it right , especially from a Turkish company , they have just had a guy called Ozer , who’s done a runner with 2 billion quid of investors money , and they will not get a bean back .

Hopefully this mob we have teamed up with are on the level , but as I said this is totally unregulated .

Remember the index where you could buy shares in players and as they were transferred etc their values moved , it went Pete tong as well and everyone that was involved lost the lot .

Really disappointed in the club .

I won’t be buying these myself but I’m struggling to see the basis for criticism. Does anyone have anything specific beyond “I don’t like this”?

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

I won’t be buying these myself but I’m struggling to see the basis for criticism. Does anyone have anything specific beyond “I don’t like this”?

This is being sold by the club as a way of putting money into the club and the opportunity to win gifts and experiences not available elsewhere , fine , I get that .

However this is going to be a listed currency in an unregulated market where the value can and will fluctuate , Bitcoin probably the best known and most heavily monitized coin has seen its value fluctuate by up to 30% on a daily basis , this can be a really dodgy think to get involved in and I’m just really uneasy in the club promoting something that may leave some gullible fans with nothing to show for it .

44 minutes ago, rbr said:

Don’t agree mate , just because other clubs are doing it doesn’t make it right , especially from a Turkish company , they have just had a guy called Ozer , who’s done a runner with 2 billion quid of investors money , and they will not get a bean back .

Hopefully this mob we have teamed up with are on the level , but as I said this is totally unregulated .

Remember the index where you could buy shares in players and as they were transferred etc their values moved , it went Pete tong as well and everyone that was involved lost the lot .

Really disappointed in the club .

I think it was a dig at us going on about the fiduciary duty to make as much money on share issue as possible. We need a market values economy, if a higher values society. Nothing else seems to work. If it’s fraudulent or negligent, then they should be held to account. 

9 hours ago, Bill said:

I would like to know the rules governing the total supply of RFT.

I would also like to know more about the total supply of Bitci. I've seen a claim that there are 20 billion with an annual increase of 1 billion until 100 billion is reached. For some reason coingecko reports the total supply as unknown. Why is that?

Is the Bitci network decentralized? If so how can I run a node on the network? Is the software open source?

It's questions rather than criticism so far. I am no expert but I've looked at a few of these things recently and so far I'm not impressed with what I see.

11 hours ago, rbr said:

[blah, blah, blah] It’s totally unregulated and as close to a Ponzi scheme as you can get . Crypto currencies should be banned for any amateur investor , [blah, blah, blah]

10 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

our very own pyramid scheme

10 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I prefer an economy based on tulip bulbs and magic beans.

Did I just flip bullish?

Edited by ranger_syntax

I still don’t get it. So far no one has come up with any objection other than this might be high risk. Welcome to investing. There are a barrow load of established, legal  investment vehicles that are also high risk, both regulated and unregulated. Occasionally some donkeys get run over but mostly people stay away from these if they either don’t understand the medium or are threatened by the risk. As far as I can see, nothing in the offer is compulsory and anyone buying tokens does so with their eyes open. What’s the problem?