Premier League 2021/22

I thought it was a good move from Man City and Ronaldo: they needed a striker to score goals; Ronaldo is a proven goalscorer that wants to score and win trophies.

But then, I don't like players betraying the loyalty of clubs to sign for rivals. 

However, Man Utd swooped in at the last minute. They are not in desperate need of a striker, with Greenwood and Cavani around, but they do need someone who can score goals. 

Year after year, Man Utd fans like Gary Neville say they need to go and spend £100M on a couple of players to challenge, and it's never worked. They've spent a ridiculous amount since SAF retired. 

There are no more excuses now, for me; they have a good squad. 

I still don't see them challenging, though. It's because of the manager. Ole is just not an elite coach, compared to Guardiola, Klopp and Tuchel. That's the difference. They've had elite managers in the past, but didn't have the squad. If you put Guardiola, Klopp or Tuchel in charge of this Man Utd team, you win the league.

It would be nice to see Man Utd challenge again, but it would also be f*cking hilarious to see them fail with no excuses in terms of their squad. 

38 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Not keen at all on United but I thought that they did very well over 2/3 of the season. It was the team and Fernandes who did it, not the manager.

I'm intrigued to see if they can continue that form. 

It was their away form that propelled them up to second place, in stadiums that were empty. 

Now with full stadiums...

Against Southampton, at St Marys, they went behind, then got back into it and it looked like it was only a matter of time before they ran away with it, but it just fizzled out.  

4 hours ago, compo said:

I wonder if Arteta will be the first to get the old heave_ho 

Gunners automatic relegation position with no points same as Norwich but the canaries have actually scored a goal. 

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Gunners automatic relegation position with no points same as Norwich but the canaries have actually scored a goal. 

It's been a steady decline for some seasons now the odd cup win is no good to man nor beast.