Here's a question that will need an answer shortly from any nation qualifying for next years WC.

There have been over 6,500 reported migrant worker deaths during the last 10 years of stadium and infrastructure construction?

Now that we see teams taking the knee and especially the woke credentials of the England team, should we expect them to boycott the WC due to the slave labour used to facilitate it or are they somehow worth less than the more privledged black and ethnic people living in the West? 

Over to you Gareth, the FA and FIFA.

The GB women's Olympic team captain (I think) said they are taking the knee to fight discrimination (not just racist discrimination).

Discrimination is quite a vague term, on a global scale.  Almost every race, nation, religion and gender will display some discriminatory words or actions at some point. 

I think taking the knee is here forever.

I worked for a good time in this part of the world and believe me those migrant workers are treated worse than slaves, then you have the way women are treated plus their gross overreaction to people who happen to be homosexuals, it's not to late to change the venue. 

I’ve spend a lot of time in Doha and loved the place. Used to have an office in the Tornado. I never once felt I couldn’t do business there or fretted over how they treated people. The world is a big place, full of wonderful and dreadful things, many far worse than you’ll see in Qatar. What are you going to do, boycott the human race because there are bastards at large? Would you have the WC in England, where gangs of perverts groom and sexually exploit tens of thousands of underage girls? Let me know if you find a country without corruption or human exploitation where you can hold a squeaky clean WC. 

The condemnation of Qatar is another moralising bandwagon, a virtue signal. Leave it be. 

5 hours ago, Bill said:

I’ve spend a lot of time in Doha and loved the place. Used to have an office in the Tornado. I never once felt I couldn’t do business there or fretted over how they treated people. The world is a big place, full of wonderful and dreadful things, many far worse than you’ll see in Qatar. What are you going to do, boycott the human race because there are bastards at large? Would you have the WC in England, where gangs of perverts groom and sexually exploit tens of thousands of underage girls? Let me know if you find a country without corruption or human exploitation where you can hold a squeaky clean WC. 

The condemnation of Qatar is another moralising bandwagon, a virtue signal. Leave it be. 

It was a stupid and probably corrupt decision to select Qatar in the first place and it is still under investigation by officials who are following the money of nearly $1bn that has landed in Fifa accounts. The deaths are a by product of this corruption and unlike the peverts in the UK those responsible will never end up with lengthy jail time. 

This started not as an investigation into the country, but an investigation into how Fifa conducted itself and managed to succumb to the highest level of bribary ever uncovered. You only have to look at the amount of Fifa officials indicted or who have resigned to see the scale of the issue. In my opinion 6,500 people should not have to die in order to hold a footie tournement. 

1 hour ago, ChelseaBoy said:

It was a stupid and probably corrupt decision to select Qatar in the first place and it is still under investigation by officials who are following the money of nearly $1bn that has landed in Fifa accounts. The deaths are a by product of this corruption and unlike the peverts in the UK those responsible will never end up with lengthy jail time. 

This started not as an investigation into the country, but an investigation into how Fifa conducted itself and managed to succumb to the highest level of bribary ever uncovered. You only have to look at the amount of Fifa officials indicted or who have resigned to see the scale of the issue. In my opinion 6,500 people should not have to die in order to hold a footie tournement. 

They would have died on some other building project. This didn’t start with the WC. It’s not good and it’s not forgivable, it’s just how it is in Qatar and loads of other places, some much worse. It’s what Arab society is like but we need their oil & gas so we deal with them. There are lots of reasons to condemn FIFA but the deaths of people building stadiums in Qatar isn’t one of them