Rangers slammed by SPFL chief MacLennan over cinch stand-off in letter to clubs

8 minutes ago, Bluedell said:
18 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

'However, we have been met with a refusal to give the board sight of any pre-existing third-party contract that would prevent the club from providing inventory for cinch.

That's a little concerning. I hope that the Board know what they're doing.

I think that the Club would find it difficult to breach commercial confidentiality, here, without incurring the wrath of the party/parties with whom the contract is made. Of course, they may be prevailed upon to disclose details to the SPFL, although I am disinclined to hold my breath on that. 

Surely, however, all that is needed is formal depositions, or somesuch, from the Club and from the other party/parties confirming the nature of their business, that there is a contract in place, with its operational date, and its likely date of conclusion, and that discharging the alleged obligations to Messrs cinch would be inimical to its and the Club's interests. It could be complicated if there is an optional right of continuation, of course, as there would be no determinate end point at which the cinch contract could kick in. 

I think that the SPFL has bolloxed this. The question is whether this is deliberate and malicious or down to arrogance and incompetence. 

15 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I think that the SPFL has bolloxed this.

I think you’re right.

But I think the SFA will help them out.

I hope Rangers’ lawyers have looked up the books this time.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

That's a little concerning. I hope that the Board know what they're doing.

Or Central Car Auctions?

It's not Central Car Auctions, I'm fairly certain of that. 

I assumed it was Tomket as they're already a jersey sponsor and automotive related. Like you I hope the board know what they're doing here. 

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

The Club could, I think, decline arbitration, and force them into court.

If the SPFL rules specify arbitration, the Court won’t look at it other than to order any reluctant disputant to enter into the arbitration process. Maybe Rangers’ lawyers know a clever way round this. Not entirely impossible.

The weasel that spent a dozen years at ra Piggery rejoicing in the nickname, 'Provo' has had a column in the News of the World/Sunday Sun these last fifteen years. Davy Provan remains relevant because he is a regular golfing partner of Dermot Desmond. His Sky gig has seen him consigned to the English Premiership these last several years, Andy Walker took over his Sky Scottish football beat. He says very little on Sky, keeps his informed gossip for his Sunday column.

Yesterday, he penned on the SPFL-Rangers dispute over Cinch sponsorship. He is in doubt the war of words is a continuation of last year's SPFL calling the Leagues early and, relegating both Hearts and Thistle. Rangers led the charge then against Doncaster, MacLennan and, McKenzie; claiming they were unfit for purpose. Doncaster's role in particular angered more than just Rangers. The Dundee lost e-mail vote, Doncaster's constant lobbying/bullying Club Chairs and, MacLennan's briefing of the likes of Motherwell's Andrew Wilson to ensure belittling of Rangers claims post vote.

Informed Provo is sure Rangers have got their man ie Doncaster over the Cinch deal. The deal will collapse because of Doncaster's cavalier approach and SPFL Chairs will be unforgiving because the expected revenue will not materialise. Of course, if Doncaster is toast, then both MacLennan and McKenzie will be anxiously reassessing their pension plans. For once, I hope Provan's information is spot on?

You know the SPFL have no grounds to show we have breached any contracts or rules, otherwise we would have been severely punished by SPFL by now.

Interesting to read the SPFL want proof of Rangers claims but have thus far, sidestepped the very pertinent questions SR raised in his initial response.

Would also be interesting as to who benefits from the £500,000 finders fee for this deal and will they still expect payment if the deal collapses?

As said by others, Rangers don't need to do anything other than we are doing at the moment. SPFL wanting access to commercially sensitive contracts screams of desperation, as does kicking this up to their "big brother" to "get us into line".

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Can someone clarify if Stewart Robertson is still on the SPFL board? Surely he will be in a difficult position?  

From SPFL website:

Elected to serve on the 2021/22 SPFL Board, alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey, were: 

cinch Premiership: Ron Gordon (Hibernian), James MacDonald (Ross County), Stewart Robertson (Rangers)

cinch Championship: Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic)

cinch League 1 and League 2: Alastair Donald (Forfar Athletic), Alternate director - Paul Hetherington (Airdrieonians)

Who is the celtic mole, absent Mulraney? Gray?