Rangers slammed by SPFL chief MacLennan over cinch stand-off in letter to clubs

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Worth noting, Rangers have countered suggesting cinch contacted them to discuss any opportunities and that was about the sum of it.

McLaughlin and The Sun aren't far off Daily Record standards, when it comes to anti-Rangers shite.

Having said that, I'm not convinced out club custodians are 'on the ball' with everything.

Bear in mind the Court action is at the instance of Parks, not Rangers. Separate entitities.

Lend credence to Timothy’s dreams. Bisgrove spent the summer hawking stadium naming rights. He reports to the Board that he can sign up some second hand car salesmen. Rangers hand in glove with cinch ‘til the SPFL lure cinch away with a better offer and Rangers, miffed, refuse to take part. So far, so good for the green dreamers

Here’s the rude awakening. Bisgrove reports to the Board but Directors with significant shareholdings say no thanks, try again.

Can’t see the problem but to be fair, SPFL senior counsel, Lord Keen of Elie, knows more than I do about this kind of stuff.

Even if they'd had a meeting about it, who cares? Rangers are at liberty to explore options. If they took the option up, the conflict would no longer have existed. Since no agreement was made, a conflict does exist. It's another smear story with no substance to it whatsoever.

I dont mind the theory behind selling stadium naming rights. I will always just call it Ibrox anyway. Just as I do the Copland, Govan, Main Stand and Broomie. I do not care that someone named it after Sandy Jardine or Bill Struth, I do not recognise those names and never refer to those stands as such. Therefore sell it, get a large fee for it, and our fans still know what our stadium is called.

As for anything Chris McLaughlin has to say, count me out. I wouldn't trust him to tell me the day or time.

I agree with TB - if the club can generate enough income then do it.  In an ideal world, it wouldn't be considered but Scottish football definitely isn't an ideal world. It'll always be Ibrox.

I'm not terribly keen on stands being named after club legends - Struth and Jardine certainly deserve recognition but who decides who gets a stand named after them?  Is there a legendary status points tally.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I agree with TB - if the club can generate enough income then do it.  In an ideal world, it wouldn't be considered but Scottish football definitely isn't an ideal world. It'll always be Ibrox.

I'm not terribly keen on stands being named after club legends - Struth and Jardine certainly deserve recognition but who decides who gets a stand named after them?  Is there a legendary status points tally.

It's a wonder in these woke times we don't hav the Duncan Stanners stand or the Stanners award for tit of the week there must be very few worse than him ever to pull on the blue shirt  .