[FT] Malmö 2 - 1 Rangers (Davis 90+5)

What a vital goal that was after 3mins of madness at the start of the 2ndd half.

Aside from that we controlled the game, without looking dangerous enough but as the last 10-15mins arrived, it was clear Malmo were out on their feet so I did think a goal was coming.

Another 90mins on Saturday will help a huge amount in terms of rescuing this tie but we need a lot, lot more from several players who looked well short of sharpness (and common sense) at times.

For once Kent`s work actually produced something. Man, he can be as frustrating as Lövenkrands.

Very vital goal, even though away goals are scrapped methinks. Bar those 120 secs after the break, when our defending was somewhere between comical and farcical, we were very much in it, if not to say on top. Too little firepower up front cost us in the end, that needs to be addressed next week, when we hopefully have Hagi back as well.  But we should start with Itten in the middle and Wright plus Sakala and Hagi. As much as one can admire Kent`s workrate, if the end product ain`t there, he should be hooked.

Annoyingly I was only able to catch bits of the game tonight despite having bought it. From the bits I saw though I thought Lundstram looked dead on his feet? Seemed we were really missing the legs of Jack and Kamara. 

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

Annoyingly I was only able to catch bits of the game tonight despite having bought it. From the bits I saw though I thought Lundstram looked dead on his feet? Seemed we were really missing the legs of Jack and Kamara. 

Wasn't impressed with Lundstram turning his back turning his back for their first goal, he should've been charging that player down.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

Can anyone remind me what the suspension situation is for the return leg. Is it the same. 

Yes - same as this week but hopefully Aribo and Hagi will be fit to start and Alfie on the bench? 

10 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

Wasn't impressed with Lundstram turning his back turning his back for their first goal, he should've been charging that player down.

Yeah but Goldson and Tav didn't cover themselves in glory at Malmos goals.