[FT] Malmö 2 - 1 Rangers (Davis 90+5)

Very poor from a few tonight but it is topped by TAV.

Missing at first goal,poor pass in middle of field leads to another,high crosses into box highly ineffective,only wants t cross ball as in second half had chance to pass to player on his right(at least three times but sent his useless crosses nowhere).

I know many will say he is the captain and shouldn't be dropped,but maybe that's what he needs.

11 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Ill make no appologies for having an opinion sir but if is the best you can do i suggest you keep yours to yourself.

Of course your entitled to your opinion , I even said as much , but we have been playing 4-3-3 for years now , to great success .Tonight we were poor for 5 minutes and got punished for it , do I think you were way over the top , yes , it’s half time in a 2 legged tie , we have just had the greatest season in living  memory , yet you come out with that , maybe your the one that’s best keeping your opinions to yourself .

I think the main emotions should be relief that we're clearly still in this tie and nervousness that we can turn in that kind of (St Mirren, league cup) performance with some of our foundation players failing to do themselves any justice at all. On the whole I think any danger of complacency has been eliminated from the second leg but one more slip and we're toast.

49 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Oh the pain, the pain.... it's as if a deflected goal counts as less than a "normal" goal, or not at all. 

Instead of rejoicing in a Scottish team keeping theirs, and the nation's CL dreams alive, they are depressed and in pain. Only in Scotland.

Strangely, frustration and relief are the main reactions to tonight's game.

We should have done better, on the basis of the overall performance but we could have lost 3-0, quite easily.  

I'm not going to get too hung up on it.  We can win this at Ibrox.  Hopefully we get a big crowd and everyone in attendance gets behind the team.  

Edited by Gonzo79

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Our goal at the end changes the tie but I’m concerned about the lack of clear cut chances we created tonight.

They were a big strong physical team who played three CB’s but we tried putting in high balls too often particularly in the second half

Honestly I think we've had this problem for a while, in the latter half of last season too, but certainly throughout preseason and the start of the season proper.