[FT] Malmö 2 - 1 Rangers (Davis 90+5)

14 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

One thing I did notice in watching the game in a Rangers friendly venue near me yesterday was how the bears around me were so quick to turn on the team in the second half. I wasn't exactly smiling myself but it was clear we were not out of it, while for others every slightly misplaced pass or tackle resulted in abuse. It was like being back in the Copland Road stand in a league game against supposed cannon-fodder opponents where we are not 3 goals up after an hour!

I thought having no fans last season helped us. 

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Intense loyalty and unreserved willingness to follow and fund breed a sense of entitlement among many. I’ve got a wee streak of it myself which I try to suppress. Keep us out.

54 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Intense loyalty and unreserved willingness to follow and fund breed a sense of entitlement among many. I’ve got a wee streak of it myself which I try to suppress. Keep us out.

That's often said of Spurs as well; think it goes back to the days of the double-winning team. You and Compo will probably remember when the great Greaves and co. punctured our balloon. But the main point is that no true supporters turn on their team - Tav. got pelters the other night, for instance, but I wouldn't mind betting he comes up with an assist on Tuesday.

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Get what you are saying but a full house next week should spur us on, but we must learn to be as patient as the team. If we need extra time v Malmo then fair enough. That 95 min. goal by Davis should be of huge totemic value - all the great teams have won games in the last minutes. I remember once Bill Shankly was asked about a 91st minute winner for Liverpool: the interviwer said, "Left it a bit late, didn't you?" "Not really", said Shanks, "We play for ninety one minutes."

21 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

That's often said of Spurs as well; think it goes back to the days of the double-winning team. You and Compo will probably remember when the great Greaves and co. punctured our balloon. But the main point is that no true supporters turn on their team - Tav. got pelters the other night, for instance, but I wouldn't mind betting he comes up with an assist on Tuesday.

They gave us a damn good thrashing home and away. 

6 hours ago, Scott7 said:

I think we all have, and as we get older we are able (mostly!) to suppress it but I embassassingly admit I never used to be able to hold my water when not liking what I was watching. I'm much more placid now I think!