Does the SNP have a Rangers problem?

On 07/08/2021 at 07:55, Bluedell said:

It's not the same thing. There were some Rangers-supporting Labour politicians, and some who were not Rangers fans were still willing to help the club. There are no Rangers-supporting SNP politicians and none that are willing to help us.

It's a sad indictment of the Rangers support when a politician does something positive for us and is met with claims of cynicism.

When they get met with unsubstantiated claim that they're a liar or that claims they're only doing it for political reasons from our own support, is it any wonder?

I'm not sure about the relevance other than to have another veiled dig at Fraser and his party. With friends like us....

Did I call him a liar? I don't think I did. 

Forgive my cynicism, it's from my personal experiences and if yours have been different then I'm envious of you. Politician saying things for political reasons is hardly the libel of the year, but if you feel Murdo Fraser was hoping to achieve something altruistic I'd be interested in knowing what that is? I remain open-minded, believe it or not. 

My final point, about the 'Ulsterfication' of Scottish politics, was simply my opinion on the descent of political discourse across the UK in recent years. Nationalism now dominates at every level of politics. Rangers supporters seem to be getting dragged into that, whether we want to or not. Fraser's article is, I assume, a riposte to some of the articles, comments and reactions to our supporters over the last few months. I understand why many might welcome that. I don't really because I feel it simply further entrenches this attempt top create 'sides', where I don't feel any should exist. We're a football club with a huge support that encompasses many conflicting views on every topic, I rile against anyone trying to pigeon-hole us. See, I can be cynical and naive at the same time! 

21 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

It’s an attempt by Murdo Fraser to stop Rangers supporters voting SNP.

how successful it is remains to be seen

You're even more cynical than me it seems! Yes, I think that's part of his motive too, I'm a little surprised everyone doesn't. 

36 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Fraser's article is, I assume, a riposte to some of the articles, comments and reactions to our supporters over the last few months. I understand why many might welcome that. I don't really because I feel it simply further entrenches this attempt top create 'sides', where I don't feel any should exist.

Interesting.

On 04/08/2021 at 12:13, 26th of foot said:

Interesting, Murdo Fraser confirms what most of us know. The SNP has no MSP or MP supporting Rangers. That is a hundred folks.

Where else in Scottish life can you find zero out of a hundred supporting Rangers?

Just a pity 26th that he didnt emphasise he was asking a rhetorical question

29 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Of course the SNP have no MP’s or MSP’s who support Rangers. Did anyone expect them to have any?

They were once known as the tartan tories. Nowadays I’d suggest they’re the tartan Sinn Fein 

No need to stop at a suggestion. The SNP is as close to a clone of SF as makes no difference. Only, in a hundred years the people of Ireland haven’t been stupid enough to elect SF to govern them.