Does the SNP have a Rangers problem?

14 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Salmond would have definately had a go at Zsa Zsa, maybe Ming too if he promised to use his death ray on England ;)

Sturgeon's 'progressive' psuedo-lib SNP would probably have the fat sex pest down for a hate crime if he didn't grope Laurel Hubbard.  

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't know about that.  Do you mean modern hard left (XR with rainbow flags) or a more traditional hard left (Trotsky/Lenin)?  Salmond doesn't really align with either and neither do many of his previous or current colleagues.

He's a Scottish nationalist and like many of them, nothing else matters.  They'd side with Pol Pot, Hitler, Zsa Zsa Gabor or Emperor Ming if it got them their ultimate aim (which is the break up of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland).  

Salmond is traditional hard left with outdated left wing political views aligned with the failing EU

He(like sturgeon) has made a fortune from politics. 
He(like sturgeon) seeks his place in history as the person who created iScotland.

I oppose iScotland because I think it was make the majority of us(in Scotland)worse off. The only people in Scotland who’d be unaffected by the economic & fiscal iScotland meltdown would be the wealthy including Salmond & Sturgeon 
I think most of us Rangers supporters can see the SNP snake oil salesmen(& women) as a bunch of liars & chancers

40 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I see the club have received a £3.3 million interest free covid loan from the Scottish government. 

Personally I wouldn't have taken the money .

On 05/08/2021 at 08:51, Bluedell said:

An MSP is sticking up for Rangers and all you can do is criticise. If you've got a personal problem with him then fine, but perhaps you can keep it to the lounge and not have a go at people who are standing up for our club.

This was posted on here by someone else, not me, I'd have had it in the lounge even though it's Rangers related, I prefer to talk about football not politics, but here we are. I don't have a personal problem with him, never met the guy, but I'll form my own opinions on politics, parties and matters outwith my club, and leave the 'you must think the same as us' to the green half of Glasgow, thank you very much.

It'd be better if people could focus on the content of the article, rather than getting sidetracked about the political hue of the author.

Fraser is pretty much spot on in what he writes and that would be no different if he was a Labour, Lib Dem or Green MSP.

10 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

This was posted on here by someone else, not me, I'd have had it in the lounge even though it's Rangers related, I prefer to talk about football not politics, but here we are. I don't have a personal problem with him, never met the guy, but I'll form my own opinions on politics, parties and matters outwith my club, and leave the 'you must think the same as us' to the green half of Glasgow, thank you very much.

Nobody is saying that you must think the same as everyone else, but you basically made an unsubstantiated claim that he's a liar, presumably about issues that aren't contained in the article. 

If you disagree with what he says in the article then do so, but being abusive about the guy, when he's being supportive of the club, suggests that you do want to talk about politics and not football.

16 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Ever since Salmond became SNP leader 30 odd years ago he turned it into a hard left, anti-British Republican Party. The tartan Sinn Fein in other words.

Few of us would want anything to do with that sort of political party. 

Sinn Fein are not'hard Left' - they are a nationalist party. Salmond has never been hard left either; more of a nationalist as well. There is much misunderstanding about what constitutes Left; Lenin, for example, always discouraged nationalist movements.

14 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Salmond is traditional hard left with outdated left wing political views aligned with the failing EU

He(like sturgeon) has made a fortune from politics. 
He(like sturgeon) seeks his place in history as the person who created iScotland.

I oppose iScotland because I think it was make the majority of us(in Scotland)worse off. The only people in Scotland who’d be unaffected by the economic & fiscal iScotland meltdown would be the wealthy including Salmond & Sturgeon 
I think most of us Rangers supporters can see the SNP snake oil salesmen(& women) as a bunch of liars & chancers

The economic argument is a valid and good one but you have a Daily Express idea of what constitutes traditional hard left. Your third paragraph (re the unaffected wealthy) is spot on. Read what Gonzo says.

3 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Sinn Fein are not'hard Left' - they are a nationalist party. Salmond has never been hard left either; more of a nationalist as well. There is much misunderstanding about what constitutes Left; Lenin, for example, always discouraged nationalist movements.

Are you suggesting it's impossible to be nationalist and hard left? 

By my reckoning, Sturgeon's SNP is as close to being hard left as makes no odds - centralising govt, huge state interference, leadership cult, obsessive media control, &c. And all done in a nationalist context.