Full Capacity For Ibrox

It isn't full capacity,  the sections next to the dugouts will be a sterile "red zone", this disproportionately affects wheelchair fans who may end up being balloted. The blind party have also been moved to the Govan West Corner. The wheelchair spaces in tge GWC will to a degree mitigate the loss of spaces in the Enclosures.

Didn't exactly go well last night.  I missed the first six minutes and thousands were still queueing when I got in.  Smart cards weren't working and the stewards couldn't help and were advising people to go to the 'Police gates'.

On top of that, I've been informed that Bar72 is a bit of a shambles.  Seems punters in there are paying twice the price for a worse set-up.

The club really need to make sure supporters are treated better.  

The fans are a double-edged sword. 

On the one hand, the roar when we scored gave me goosebumps. It's been too long. 

On the other hand, the groans when things don't go our way must be so disheartening. 

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

On the one hand, the roar when we scored gave me goosebumps. It's been too long. 

On the other hand, the groans when things don't go our way must be so disheartening. 

Agreed.  

Some instinctive moans and groans are inevitable but a lot of the criticism really undermines what a support should be all about.  

I have a feeling the atmosphere on Friday night will be reminiscent of sitting in a cemetery (the UBs will be like birds chirping in the trees).  

58 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The fans are a double-edged sword. 

Not only that, but some of the groans are fucking mental, for mental reasons.  From people who don’t understand the game.

People are well within their rights, but listening to people groan at players for things they can’t do anything about gets on my tits.

There will always be justified and unjustified criticisms at Rangers games.  That's just our way.

However, the ticket situation is something that the club should be looking to fix ASAP.  Quite simply, the system isn't good enough (season ticket holders having to log onto a poorly designed site for over 30 minutes in order to purchase their tickets and smart cards not working properly). 

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Didn't exactly go well last night.  I missed the first six minutes and thousands were still queueing when I got in.  Smart cards weren't working and the stewards couldn't help and were advising people to go to the 'Police gates'.

The club really need to make sure supporters are treated better.  

I didn't get in until the 8th minute of the second half.

Smartcard didn't work and had to go to the ticket office to get a paper one but the queue was the whole length of the Govan Stand and past the Copland, 3 or 4 deep. There were thousands in the same situation. 

The whole thing was incredibly badly handled. There were people in the queue who whose tickets had been sold to them and someone else.

The Albion carpark was closed at 7.15 and permit holders didn't get in.

It was dreadful treatment of the supporters.

I've been critical of C1872 recently but well done to them on getting a timely statement issued.

Club 1872 is aware of the major ticketing issues which affected significant numbers of supporters trying to gain entry to the Champions League qualifier against Malmo last night.

We have repeatedly raised issues with ticketing, customer service and communications with Rangers over the past two years. We have raised major issues with the functionality and complexity of the ticketing system, the club’s failure to communicate important ticketing information directly to season ticket holders and the confusing way in which the various club digital platforms interact. This is causing a clear barrier to older supporters attending games and affects supporters of all ages in their interactions with the club. We have repeatedly asked the club not to assume that posts on social media are the same as direct email communication but the club continues to use social media as the only means of communicating many pieces of essential information to supporters.

Unfortunately the club has not engaged properly with Club 1872 on these issues. Fan engagement does not only cover marketing and the sale of a myriad of new products to supporters, it also means meaningful engagement with representative bodies on matters of concern to the support. This has been lacking for some time.

We would ask Managing Director, Stewart Robertson to communicate with supporters clearly, and as a matter of urgency, and explain why so many of them were locked out of Ibrox last night. We would also like to hear, in detail, what the club is doing to improve its customer service, which has been extremely poor for some time and appears to be getting worse rather than better. He has personally made various statements over the past couple of years on improvements to customer service and communication, neither of which have been improved to any suitable standard.

As well as the issues faced by hundreds, if not thousands, of season ticket holders, Club 1872 spent two days trying to contact the ticket office and Rangers SLO prior to last night’s game to assist the Erskine veterans we supply season tickets to in gaining entry to the game. We heard nothing back and they were unable to attend.

Rangers supporters have shown incredible loyalty and backed the club to the hilt both financially and vocally. It is time that loyalty was repaid with proper engagement, accountability and communication by Rangers’ executive team.