[FT] Dundee Utd 1 - 0 Rangers

47 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I genuinely worry if this might be a season too far for Steven Davis. 

Perhaps not the best time to bring it up.

We should all have been expecting his performances to decline.

He is still good enough to be in our squad. The important thing is that the management shouldn't be depending on him.

2 hours ago, craig said:

It isn’t a “far too defensive line up” though ?

Wait, you mean playing three defensive midfielders not known for their attacking prowess, a single striker and two hardly-lethal attacking midfielders against a packed defense and solid midfield was shrewd? Our three attack-minded players were easily mopped up by their defense time and again, and we hardly got anything going from deep or had supportive runners from midfield. And not for the first time. IMHO, that is far too defensive, not least if you want to keep the opposition in their half and dominate the game in a manner we could. So if we play a 4-3-3, I want our best attackers in the front line, and possibly one attack-minded behind them. Time and again we have relied on our wingbacks to act as supportive attacking players who swing in crosses, only that we have far too fw players at the receiving end. And when they (and not least Tav) provide no quality, things need to change. Yet we persist with the same system time and time again, despite it being hardly the one-and-only solution to play Scottish opposition. It failed for Warburton, and dare I say it, it also failed in our first two seasons under SG, even though people rather like to blame the players. Last season`s success, to a large extent, was built on our rock solid defence, not exactly us blowing the opposition apart. So yes, with all these new and better players, it would be good to see some tactical changes too. Ar least every now and then.

But you are free to offer your own ideas.

EDIT: No need for people throwing about cynical remarks regarding "us being in crisis" or the like. We are surely not, yet those who have their own opinions should be free to do so and I don`t see any need to level any "head-in-sands" comments out at those not of my opinion either.

Edited by der Berliner

Mind how you go mate or the gersnet mafia will be in cracking down on you.   The 433 must be adhered to  no matter what! 

We need to be more flexible in our set up.   The ease in which malmo snuffed our attack out was alarming.  Even more alarming is bang average spfl teams are doing it too.   It got us so far in the Europa league but once we got to the quarters we got found out.   Against malmo  we struggled  to create chances and at half time their manager changed his formation and rattled two past us before we adapted.  Why cant we do that?   Were so rigid in our setup  to the point that i could pick the team that will play on tuesday.  Our recent poor form isnt just down to key players not performing.   You can read us like a book at the minute.

We have came up against teams in the last two games who have not parked the bus and shown offensive tactics,looks like something we will have to learn to  play better tactics, when the management have analysed the games.

3 hours ago, compo said:

Were do you get this invincibles rubbish from unbeaten in the league yes but turfed out of the two domestic cups .

Still doesn’t answer the nonsense that they should be booed.

undefeated in the league for the first time in a century - but we should be booing them a handful of games into a new season.  Deary me.