[FT] Rangers 1 (Morelos 18) - 2 Malmo

7 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

The team desperately needed our support in the last third of the game and those supporters should have been encouraging them. Admittedly tv can deceive, but I didn't get the impression that they were

Their second goal knocked the stuffing out of the team and the support.

Euro nights at Ibrox bring out a lot of people who don't attend otherwise.  These are usually either a bit too drunk/animated or don't seem to know any songs at all.  Unfortunately, last night there were more of the latter (certainly where I was sitting).

14 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Titter.

I don't know how your distant view has been over the last decade but from up close you would have found that very many outcomes have been obvious at 70 minutes.

Can't believe you are greeting about fans leaving early when you were not even there.

Wholly unfair.  Just because he wasn’t there doesn’t mean he isn’t entitled to an opinion.

Bailing on the team when they need you most is frustrating.

Those leaving at 75 minutes who stay 10 minutes away are worse than someone living 350 miles away who isn’t there and, quite possibly, couldn’t be there anyway.

Guy behind me last night left at 70 because, and I quote, “I’d rather have a beer”.

Each to their own but trying to say someone shouldn’t have an opinion because they weren’t there rather than showing annoyance at those who left after 70 minutes is missing the target IMO.

33 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Nothing snide about it.

I admit I really don't know why you would be baffled given the fact that he is slow and that he needs to manage an injury.

Well I obviously see a bigger difference between the two players than you do. I have always said I feel uneasy when Balogun plays, but especially in Europe and I wasn’t surprised at all to see him exposed last night. 

21 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Unless you are SEVERAL goals up by 70 minutes the outcomes are not obvious. After 70 mins in Malmo you could have said the outcome was obvious, but look what happened. When they were winning thier tainted titles, Keltic regularly nicked victories in the last twenty minutes, a habit I thought we had begun t pick up.  And look at the times ManU clinched things in injury time, so much so that that it was known as 'Fergie time..' In many of those instances the outcome seemed 'obvious' after 70 minutes.

The team desperately needed our support in the last third of the game and those supporters should have been encouraging them. Admittedly tv can deceive, but I didn't get the impression that they were.

Why don't you make any points that support your argument?

Nobody denies that teams have come back from being behind, often late on, and won.

Quite clear to me, and presumably many others, that we were not going to turn this one around.

31 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Titter.

I don't know how your distant view has been over the last decade but from up close you would have found that very many outcomes have been obvious at 70 minutes.

Can't believe you are greeting about fans leaving early when you were not even there.

Eh? Was the Braga outcome clear when they were 2-0 just before the 70th minute?

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Well I obviously see a bigger difference between the two players than you do. I have always said I feel uneasy when Balogun plays, but especially in Europe and I wasn’t surprised at all to see him exposed last night. 

I've said very little about the difference between the two players.