[FT] Rangers 1 (Morelos 18) - 2 Malmo

18 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I said at 75 minutes last night that we could play for hours and not score again.  I have said similar and been proved wrong before though. 

Switch it wide, cross it, lose the ball, get it back, switch it wide, cross it, lose the ball, get it back...yadda, yadda, yadda...

Add the too slow tempo of our game & you’ve nailed it…

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Can't believe you are greeting about fans leaving early when you were not even there.

Some who can’t get to Ibrox, for whatever reason, don’t quite understand why a Rangers supporter having paid a lot of money to watch his team, wouldn’t do so for the whole ninety minutes. There is a difference between a supporter and an adherent, I suppose.

53 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

That was not obvious at 0-2.

Neither is it obvious that this contradicts anything I have said.

From my memory it was obvious. We were well beaten in all departments until we scored the first against Braga. 

Please define "obvious". If Salaka's shot goes in we could have rallied and got another. There are no certainties in football when there are 1 or 2 goals in it. 

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Oh, he is entitled to an opinion.

It's just that on this matter it is wholly fair to refuse to take it seriously.

No it isn’t.

So any game you don’t attend you also shouldn’t have your opinion taken seriously.

Not everyone can attend every game. It’s effectively saying you’re a better supporter simply because you were at the game.

To be honest, unexpected much better of you mate

3 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

By not changing anything we played into their hands. We made it easy for them. They even kept both their strikers on

We will need to agree to disagree.

1.  we were up 1-0 whilst having played against 11 men.

2.  At half time it was Malmo that had to change things given the sending off and, less significantly, the score line.

3.  If we had changed our system at half time without knowing what changes would be made at 2 above we would literally have been guessing.

4.  The tie was even, we were up 1-0 AND we had a man advantage.  That doesn’t equate to a need to change things.

For all those reason we had absolutely NO reason to change things at half time.

The manager can’t legislate for a total capitulation from his players.

So because they kept their two strikers on you wanted us to do what ?  Play 5 at the back instead of 4 ?  Against 10 men ?

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Why don't you make any points that support your argument?

Nobody denies that teams have come back from being behind, often late on, and won.

Quite clear to me, and presumably many others, that we were not going to turn this one around.

I quite honestly still had hopes (willfully ignorant I guess) and said to my kid “we can still get through this but need to score a second before the 80th minute”.

We did have chances but they were either blocked, deflected or hit row Z

3 hours ago, compo said:

Whatever anyone's take on last night's game the result will mean missing out on champions league money , maybe one or two will be offloaded to help balance the books. 

Almost certainly this will

now happen.  Sadly.  Though after last night some will say thankfully.

3 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Add the too slow tempo of our game & you’ve nailed it…

That was the biggest frustration for me.  Down to 10 men we should have been pressing the life out of them, retaining the ball and passing them to death.  They would have been exhilarated at 70 minutes as they were last week.

Unfortunately for us, we capitulated at the start of the second half yet again.